Chapter 28

"Julia! Wake up! Quick! We only have 2 hours to get ready!" I rubbed my eyes and kicked off my covers to tell Bianca to shut up. But as I sat up, I paused. Where was I? I looked around the room, gradually taking in the sights around me. I was at home. My home. But? I was living at the boy's house. I shook my head and climbed out of bed. We probably just got drunk last night and um…came home? Jade was sat in front of my mirror, brushing her hair. I swear she had gotten highlights in it. But at this very moment, it looked as dark as it was 5 months ago. Wow, I thought, my imagination must just be playing tricks on me. I carefully stepped across the room, avoiding the piles of clothes heaped on the floor.

"Last night was so much fun!" Bianca squealed. I had no idea what she was talking about so I just murmured a yes in reply. "So what's going on with you and Niall now then?" I asked, searching through a pile of clothes that I swear I had left at the house. "Um…Niall?" she asked, tipping her head to one side. "Yes! Niall!" I laughed. "Niall who?" she asked again, her face showing no idea of what I was talking about. "Niall Horan!" I shouted. Had she hit her head somewhere? "Oh my god. He's so dreamy. I can't wait to see them today!" Finally, she remembered.

But then something strange happened, something that I wasn't expecting. Bianca's phone vibrated, and as she read the message on her screen she screamed and jumped onto my bed, burrowing her head in the pillow. "Bianca?" I asked, touching her shoulder. She fell off the bed and started dancing across the room. "NIALL HORAN TWEETED ME! ME! HE TWEETED ME!" she screamed at the top of her lungs. "Why didn't he just text you?" I asked; confused at the way she was reacting. "Text me? How would he text me!" She asked, even more confused than I was. I looked her up and down. She was wearing an 'I love Niall.' Hoody and she had her hair straightened and a fresh coat of fake tan on. Niall hated fake tan? And the hoody? "Um…how would he have my number?" she asked, nervously laughing. I shook my head again, "never mind." I muttered. Bianca looked at me sideways and then returned to straitening her hair.

I slumped down on my bed. What was going on? I stood up again, unable to keep still and walked over to my calendar. I looked at today's date and what was written underneath. X factor tour. In bright red. I quickly ran to my window and opened it, my fingers slipping on the catches. I gasped as the air came flooding in through my window. Bianca came running over. "Julia? Are you alright? What's up?" She gasped. "Do we know one direction?" I asked quickly. "What?" she said startled. "Do we know one direction? In person?" I repeated firmly. "No..." she eventually said, staring at me strangely.

I slid down my wall and ran my fingers through my hair. A dream. It had all been a dream.

"What's wrong?" Bianca asked worriedly, "do you feel sick? Do you want me to get your mum?" I shook my head. I only wanted one person right now. But that person was the one boy I couldn't have, and never did have.

Zayn.