Chapter 25

"Zayn? Zayn! Where are you?" I asked. I heard some sniffles from the lounge. "Zayn? Are you in here?" "I might be…" a husky voice said from the other side of the room. "Are you hiding behind the sofa?" "I might be…" he repeated. I walked around to the back of the sofa and crouched down besides Zayn. "Are you crying?" I asked. "no." he mumbled, a single tear running down his cheek. I wiped it away with my finger before slouching down next to him. "What's going on with you?" he asked. I put my head in my hands. "I don't know Zayn. I just don't know." he put his finger under my chin and turned my face to his. "Julia…I'm going to ask you this once and only once." "What?" "Tell me what you think when you look at me. Don't lie. Tell me exactly." I sighed and studied his face for a moment, "you're gorgeous. Everything about you is just so amazing. You make me smile. You make me laugh. You're always there for me. You've stuck with me through everything-" I stopped abruptly and felt my eyes widen. Zayn looked at me, "what?" he asked.

"I love you." I whispered.

Finally, after all this time, I had realised it. I had never wanted Tyler back; I just wanted to make Zayn jealous.

Zayn paused and looked me in the eye. "Do you mean it?" he asked. I bit my lip and nodded.

"Julia. I love you too. I always have." he smiled and then kissed me. I felt like fireworks were exploding around me. This was perfect. No, more than perfect. This was how it should be.