Chapter 15

Justin in the office, attending to both pack works and company works. He hasn't sat down since Michael and Hartley had left to get the flower. From one work to the other.
This is the first time I'm seeing this side of him. He's so concentrated that he has no knowledge of me entering.
Everywhere is littered with papers and books. Most of the books on the shelves were on the floor.
Did they also read as we human? I snapped out of it immediately.
Justin, dinner is set.
He raised his head up. Can you guys go on without me? This will take awhile.
I nod. Need any help?
No, thanks.

Rose dished the food, i told her I'm not ready to eat yet which she later agree on after much persuading. I've been the one feeding Anne since Emily has been unconsciousness. She wouldn't let her mother feed her. Mother, why are we the only one eating?
Your uncle is not around, your father is busy.
And Luna? Anne asked.
She's sleeping.
Why?
How many time do i have to tell you that she's tired. Her mother snapped, but Anne press further.
Have you given her food.
I just told you she's sleeping!
Wake her up like you always do to me.
She will get upset if we wake her up. I intervened.
I will wake her up, she won't get upset with me. She pushed her chair backward.
Anne, don't be stubborn. Her mother warned, shooting her a dead glare.
Why don't you want to give her food? Is it because she killed someone?
Anne! Her mother shouted.
Sandra told me. Don't hate her, She's not a bad person.
Don't start with me, Anne. No more words from you. She continued with her food.
Lucy blinks repeatedly, biting on her lips.
You had better not cry unless you want me to lock you up.
Hey, i rubbed her shoulder gently. You remind me of a book i read, a little, gem princess with a golden heart.
But I'm not a princess.
Says who? Every little girl deserve to be call princess. They are kind, smart and carefree.
She sit down. Tell me the story about the princess.
You've got to eat your meal first.

I stuck Anne in, she finished her food before i went on narrating the princess story.
''Marvel The People's Heart''. I haven't gone far when she slept off.
You are a saver. Rose mumbled but I'm far more interested in her talk.
Goodnight, Rose. Was my reply as i walked away from Lucy's bed.
Whatever Anne said..., she took a breath. I have no idea Sandra is been trying to manipulate my daughter's mind.
I looked at her, i can't tell if she's being honest or not.
Do you really hate her?
Morgan might not gives a damn about what others think of her, i just can't bear the taught of someone hating her.
At first, i thought she was a threat, but not after i saw her other good side with Anne.
I just don't understand why she doesn't trust us.
I will just request you to give her some time, she's not a bad person, you would have loved her had it being that you met her years ago.
She said she understand, she apologize for all her behaviors before going to bed saying she was scared at the thought of having two Sandra in the house.
I don't understand though.
Justin is still in the office, working. It doesn't look like he will be sleeping early with the papers at his front.

Did you perhaps see Venoita anywhere? Rose asked, entering the kitchen.
Not at all, i haven't seen her since last night.
Justin rushed out of the house without a word.
What's up with him?
His going to office. A lot of problems had crooked up since Emily has been unconsciousness. He got a call that their clients are cancelling their deal.
Coffee?
I shake my head. No, thanks.
I think you should get some rest.
I'm fine. Is just that... I sign. I don't know, to be honest.
The problem is you are tired, you are not sleeping well. She narrowed her eyes at my confusion.
You think i don't know? I checked on both you and Justin several  times in the night, none of you slept.
I understand Justin wouldn't want his brother to come back and meet the works undone, but what about you? You didn't even take a spoon of food yesterday.
How will you understand when i myself don't understand?
I turned away from her.
Hartley and Emily are the only people i have. I don't have any friends before i met Hartley. My parents will not let me go out, especially my dad. Whenever i have school trip, my mother will pack my stuffs but my dad wouldn't let me leave the house. Student always has friends at least one but not in my case.
I was always scared of my father finding out. He had people monitoring me around.
I couldn't tell how joyful i was when i found out that Hartley and his friends were living beside our house. I visited them only when my dad is not at home.
''Make sure you are back before your dad does''. My mom will warned me before going to work. If you are caught, i knew nothing about it. She will added.
Emily is the first friend i ever have. When i met her, that day i came back from Hartley's house, unfortunately my dad was home before me. He asked where was coming from, i told him i want to our neighbour's house. He beat me up. As usual, i ran to my room; locking myself up. After crying over and over, i drifted to sleep, i woke up later in the evening, watching the city view then i saw Emily. That will be the fourth time i will see her that day with her backpack. Funny enough she still has it. So i stopped her.
I was under the impression that she was lost but she later told me she's looking for a place to stay. I told my mom when she returned, with her help, i got Emily to stay with us.
Things go perfectly fine until we had a misunderstanding and she left.
I've been searching for her for years, i finally found her and this oust to happen.
She hugged me. I can imagine how tough it much have been. She looked at me. Is rare to have bounds like yours.
I stared at her, confused. She smile.
Everything will be fine since Venoita is handling it.
And the office?
We'll push through as always. She says with confident.

The door burst open and Venoita stepped in.
Where have you been? Rose asked.
To get the other flowers.
In between the flower, some leaves are  hidden.
I've seen it before but i can't remember where.
A very familiar pleasant smell blew into my nose which makes me take a closer look at the flower. Instantly, i  recognized it.
I jump on to my feet. Where did you get that?
Why? She wants to say something else but stopped. It doesn't matter. What mattered is i have the flower. She quickly leave the room.
These people are so strange, they always have something to hide.
Hartley said the leave is itchy, only a witch can touch it...
A force suddenly hit me behind sending me few feet away from where i was standing.
I wasn't told there are some forces in here for heaven sake. I said, half cried.
Are you alright? Rose asked helping me up.
Are you hurt?
Will you just keep quiet. I grunted before remembering who the voice belongs to. Hartley?... Overwhelmed by anger, i yelled. Why here of all places.
I will get you first aid kit. Rose said.
I'm fine. I called after her but she's no longer in the room.
You are bleeding.
Nothing serious, I'm fine.
I have no idea we will...
I know. I went to the washroom to wash the blood on my elbow.
Hartley helped me.
Did you get the flower?
Yes.
Hartley, the green leave flower. The one on water in the fores-
He threw his hand over my lips and look around to make sure no one is listening.
You went back there? He asked, whispered.
For the first time, i saw fear in his eyes.
I shakes my head, he withdrew his hand.
I saw the leave with Venoita, and when i asked she was scared as if she was caught in the middle of stealing. Is she a witch?
Yes.
Could it be that because of the leave.
Stop exaggerating.
You are not helping.
Here, let me help. Rose voice interrupted us.
No need, it just a scratch. Thank you.
Michael appear behind her, the look on his face is not closer to anything good.
Tell Venoita i have an urgent work at the office.
I look at Rose. Does he already know?
I told him.

We covered our noses as Venoita burnt the flower Hartley and Michael brought till it turns to charcoal and mixed a liquid to it before applying it on Emily's wound.
She told us to open the windows which we did.
I speechless watch as steam emerge from Emily's wound.
All the tension in the room disappear when Venoita announced that Emily's  wound is healing.
This means she will be on her feet soon.
I smile but it soon faded as i saw that Venoita isn't happy with this at all even though she tried to hide it.

What is it? Is this a bad news?
Probably.
Just split it out, you are scaring me.
Her wolf hasn't be out for a while, is very dangerous if i use the herbs for her.
And if you don't, she may never wake up?
She nods.
Water well up my eyes and i felt sick from inside. This is getting worst than i expected. Without wasting time thinking too much about it, i turn to her.
Give her the herbs.
As if waiting to hear the words from me, she twirl and left immediately.
I stay with Emily while Venoita and Rose collected the leaves she brought together with the flower and mashed it till it smooth.  She squeezed out its liquid and feed it to Emily.
She told us to leave the room.
"She needed fresh air". Venoita says.
She face me. I need to see you.