Chapter 16

Venoita was afraid that even if Emily do take the medicine, there might be not so much difference mainly because it was Emily who cast her wolf aside herself. So feeding her the medicine with her unconscious, could  worst her situation.
Still i insisted she should feed it to her, and now, she hasn't wake up.
Venoita told me that if i try talking to her, she will be listening but she wasn't.
What have i done? What was i thinking? For the first time, i had the confident to do something good. Why does this has to happened?
Then Hartley entered the kitchen.
You cry when i left?
He just don't know when to talk.
No, why would i?
I see, you grow up over night.
Jeeze, you are annoying, you know that? I was worried sick about you before, but now I'm starting to regret why Michael didn't leave you behind. You are so irritating. I retort frustratedly
I want to go back, i came to pick you.
You know what I'm thinking?
What? He asked curiously.
The weather of the forest is affecting you. Have you even take a look at your image in the mirror ever since you came back? Your face look like that of Tarsier.
He smirked. I can say the same about you. Have you seen yours in the mirror? You look like lemur. He replied and a laughter broke out behind us.
I looked back and saw Rose. Overwhelmed by anger, i left what i'm doing.
I'm trying to serve your food but all you do is making fun of me.
Hey, you are not done
I looked at him wounded, almost in tears causing Rose to laugh more.
Is not funny. I whined.
I'm sorry, you should have seen your face.
She continued laughing holding on to her Stomach.
I quickly leave the kitchen feeling more angry.
Where are you going?
Anywhere far away from you. You have to finished the cooking, you are dead if it burn. I replied as i left the kitchen.
Kate! He ran after me. Listen,
I wiped the tears that threaten to fall before turning to him, i folded my hands over my chest.
What now?
I'm starving, how can you be so cruel? He made a poker face.
It would have been ready had you not interrupted me.
You and i know that will never happen. Aren't you thinking about Emily? I'm sorry.
He suddenly said, his playful side is gone.
I know it must have been hard on you leaving you alone.
I did the little i could.
You did well, more than i thought.

"You did well, more than i thought". Hartley's voice echoed at the wall of my brain, bringing back tears in my eyes.
This time, i let the tears flow.
For the first time in my life i heard praises about me.
I felt like screaming it out that maybe afterwards I'm not entirely useless, but then, my heart was pounding faster than normal in my chest when i remember Emily hasn't wake up. I felt uneasy.
Hartley's hand rested on my shoulder as he used his other hand to wipe the tears off my cheeks.
Hartley, i called silently. I need to tell you something. I-i
I bet he noticed how nervous i am because he stop short, turning me fully to face him.
Hey,
He lift up my head to look up at him. His eyes filled with concerns which brought more tears.
He drag me to a seat.
Relax, okay? Tell me what happened!
The medicine given to Emily might worst her situation... There's no other way. Venoita said, either she's given the medicine or she die.
I'm so sorry, i didn't mean to harm her.
I expected him to be furious but instead, he takes my hand in his.
I don't know how long it will take, but i know for sure that she won't just give up and, who knows if she will recover quickly because of you. You are doing great, keep talking to her, I'm sure she's listening.
Are you sure?
Of course! She has no other choice. She won't leave you just like that.

Hartley actually cheered me up. I felt relaxed after talking to him. I wish i had a little bit of courage he had.
Has she woken up? I asked Hartley who left to check on Emily.
No, he shakes his head negatively to which i sighed disappointed.
But her breathing has stable and her impulse is back and normal.
Kate
Hmm?
You went to see Venoita, right? What did she say? He plopped down on the couch.
If there's any strange mark on Emily, glowing? It sounded more like a statement than a question.
Like a tattoo, birth mark or a scar. I added. Have you seen anything like that on her?
I will pretend i didn't hear that from you.
That is what she asked me. She's really so strange. Why do you think she asked?
She's trying to know more about Emily.
Hartley's words somehow doesn't settle well with me. I feel a rush of emotion in my chest.
Emily has this charismatic that makes everyone wants to be around her. In Venoita's case, the more she tried the more Emily pushed her away. Emily seems not to get along well with her but Venoita doesn't care less still.
What does she want? She's not even related to her. I fire to Hartley's surprise.
I don't know if this is a good or bad sign?
Venoita doesn't seems to pose any threat at all.
Hartley, what can i do to make them accept me if i want to live here.
Silly you. He poked me on the nose.
Why do you always make fun of me? I scoffed to which he laughed.
He crinkles up his nose then said. Because you are cute.
I moved far away from where he's sitting.
You don't have to do anything, besides you have Emily. But it's a different case if it's another pack. You will have to be introduce to the pack, and the introduction will end on you swearing with your blood to abide by the pack rules.
The more i tried to know, the more wired it's becomes...
He just smile from his seat. Take your time.
Eh, my mother called me.
His expression is unreadable. How did she get your number?
She said Emily gave it to her when she came to the home. She wants to see me.
What was your respond?
I said i will call her back.
And?
And what?
When are you going to meet her.
What makes you think i will go? She abandoned me for years, why does she want to see me now all of a sudden?
I really think you should visit her, hear what she wants to say.
I should focus on Emily.
Have you ever thought why Emily went there?
To convince them to accept me back because she will soon get rid of me or tired of me.
My inside knots together and i felt a bit of sadness. I just don't understand why she's doing this. She still hasn't forgiven me.
Hartley who was about to speak was interrupted by the shaking of the room.