Chapter 12

Michael, Kate has enter Emily's room.
Hartley and i both share a look before we runs back in.
Venoita said no one would go in. I reminded her.
I left to check on Anne and when i came back, she is already in the room. I tried to get her out, but she won't listen to me.
I can hear her sobbing as we turned the corner before we make it to her room.
The door was left opened.
Inside is dark, we couldn't see, we can only hear her voice.
Emily, please wake up. I promise to do whatever you want me to do. Didn't you say you want me to leave? Open your eyes and tell me to leave. Emily! She sniffed.
Kate. Hartley called stepping inside.
I know you are still angry with me. Even if you want to end our friendship, wake up and tell it to my face. Don't be like this. She screamed.
Control yourself. Hartley said. Everything will be fine.
Nothing will be fine. She cried. Didn't you hear what that woman said? She says that she's dying. This happened because of me, i should have listen to her. If i had gone back then she won't have reasons to stay here. This is all my fault. You are also at fault, Hartley. Had you listened to me, this won't have happened. She sniffles again.
Rose entered while i went to sit down as i can't bear it anymore.
I know the pain of losing someone especially someone close to your heart. Some part of me die when my mother died.  Had she be on a dying bed, maybe i would have appreciate it more. I would have got to spend some quality time with her. I've comes to terms that there are things that are just unavoidable. Early that morning before her death, she was talking about her new coming up project. Apart from her books, it has always been her dream to build orphanage home for Werewolf. I can picture a mansion with tall fence, giant iron gate with CCTV cameras, with wide player ground as she was talking about it. Her face bright up with a smile as its always does whenever she's talking about this her next coming up project.
Our kitchen has two doors, one leads to my father's room while the other one lead to the dining.
One Of the kitchen's door burst open and my father stomps in furiously as if he was at the battle field.
Then i remembered, he had ask me to call my mother for him. I think he discovered that my mother is forming another pack for me.
She's always against me taking after father's pack. she will says, "i don't want you follow your father's footsteps".
Initially you will disagree with me, my father says. Go against my order, now it has comes to ignoring my call. He fumes.
Before i could say anything, my mother says,
Michael, go and stay with your brother and sister.
Is a command that i have no choice to obey even though i don't wish to leave her alone there.
She does says that a lot, whenever they have argument, never a misunderstanding though.
That is her way of sending me away so i won't have any knowledge of her get beaten by father. But i always know. I always see the scars or the bruises on my mother.
I spoke to her one day when i saw her nursing her wounds in her bedroom.
"why don't you just run away?"
She put aside the first aids and sat me down beside her on the bed.
Never say such thing again. she warned me.
He keeps beating you, i don't want to stay here. I argued.
I have a duty and responsibilities. My duty is to be by his side as his mate. i have responsibilities to perform within and out side the pack.
But mother...
She reached out a hand and touched my cheek. You've grown so big. She says. Why don't you wait a little more when you find your mate, then you will understand.
The door closed, interrupted my thoughts.
Kate lean on Rose, her eyes swell up, brimming with tears.
Hartley, she will be fine right? Her voice is sore and tired. I really pity her.
He nods. She won't die.
He cups her face for attention. Listen to me, she won't be happy if she sees you like this, you know that!
You need to be strong if you want her to recover quickly.
He took her hand in his and gave her a gentle squeeze.
He brushed back a strands of her hair.
Rose please take her outside.
I don't want to go.
I'm not asking you to leave, you need fresh air.
Rose takes her outside.
Hartley sat beside me as we waited for Venoita and Justin.
Is noon already, i wonder why they are not here. The doctor who left an hour ago saying he wants to go get the report, he's yet to be back. He came back to check on Emily after Venoita left.
Hartley's head bow with his hands on his knees. Is not hard to imagine what he's thinking.
Hey, i touch him on the shoulder. Kate need you now, you need to be strong for her.
She's right,
he looks so guilty.
it's all my fault. I was trying to protect her, i have no idea that she will go this far to block her wolf. I don't know how she get the idea. She could have died you know?
I nod. Venoita will handle everything. How did you know each other. I asked out of curiosity, but really is to divert his attention from his guilty conscience.
It's all began ten years ago when i left here to live among humans. The only place i knew will be saver, Kate happens to be my neighbor's daughter. Her and her sister are just so lively. They attached to everyone in no time. I think that is how those people living in... Utopia are. Because when her mother saw me, she acted friendly but then her father was completely the opposite. Later, Emily came. I met her through Kate and i got to know that she is also running for safety.
Coming back must have be tough?
Not at all, though i wasn't here, i keep in touch.
He saw the confusion on my face and continued.
Kate wants to talk to Emily, but she isn't that kind of a person to accept truce when having a fight or misunderstanding, she will rather stay far away than get it clear out. So i had to come with her.
I nod in understanding.
The doctor walks in as we are talking. We both stand up.
Did you find anything? Hartley spoke first, on his feet.
Yes.
Tell us. He demanded.
The knife was coated in cellulose.
Cellulose? He repeated, shocked.
What is the solution? I asked.
He can't know it. Venoita replied behind the doctor.
What do you mean? I asked her.
I told you before that she's hybrid. The chemical has seriously damage her witch side. So he can't know it.
You can tell us if you do. She says to him to which he said no.
I have no idea how to treat her, so, i brought this books. She pointed to the big books Justin is putting on the floor. I thinks there is something similar to it, i can't remember clearly.
Judging by Venoita's words, what happened to Emily isn't a small thing as i thought. Nevertheless, her words doesn't scared me. Is Venoita, she will find the solution even if she's not someone she knew so well. This made me calm.
They all took the book one after the other. My turn came, of course, i joined them. It happened in my pack, under my care she put her and she happens to be a well-known witch's daughter even though she's not her real daughter.  I took the last old book and we begun to search for answer in the books.
Everyone concentrating on it as if each and everyone's life will be in danger in the next minute if we don't find solution on time. Then it occurred to me, we don't know what we are searching for. Not that we will recognize it if we see it.
I'm sure others are not helping because Venoita claimed she's her daughter. Nobody want to lose her. Despite her behavior she still manage to win everyone's heart in no time.
What exactly are we searching for in these books. I asked and everyone pause, looking at Venoita for answer.
I also don't know. It can be anything.
The search continued, everybody keeps calling Venoita to show her what is in the books.
Check this out. Justin called.
My goodness Justin, Rose exclaimed beside him. Are you for real? She took the book and show it to us.
A man bitting another man on the neck.
She drop the book in her front. Can't you see there's no similarity between this and what happened to Emily. Her own is knife coated in chemical, this one is Vampire. Where is your mind?
Without a word, he turned the page.
On the other page is a beast with red eyes. Giant and tall, his body is like an oak tree.
Is this real? Justin asked.
Yes. Venoita replied looking at the creature.
His name is Alan. He was kill with a sword. He lives in a forbidden dark forest in Abika. Nobody dare go near the forest. The bodies of those who went near it couldn't be find.
Every morning when people wakes up, they always sees pieces of clothes and blood on the grass but no one dare step closer to have a look. One raining night he came out as usual looking for his prey, a wizard was on a mission that particular time. He attacked him and the wizard killed him with sword.
How did you know? I questioned.
That is what we do. We protect innocent people from this kind of monster all over the world. When it is time, we'll know where to go and what to do. We have a queen. When our mission is complete, we will stay there till next mission.
How many are you? I ask again.
I don't know, probably thousands, in different countries. We recognize ourselves only when we met during the mission.
On the third page, is an old mansion, an old woman in red garment with black gloves on her hands stood at its front. Her grey hair rested on her shoulder. Merely looking at her, one can tell she's a witch.
This one. Justin called Venoita attention who is already flipping through the book in her hands.
Her name is Olivia. She has a lovely family but she threw it away as soon as she started black magic. She sacrificed her two daughters and her husband. After that, children began to disappear here and there. One evening, some friends who went out to watch movie were coming back and saw her dragging a child. At first, they that she was her child but when the child scream for help, they alert the neighbors. She was caught and burned alive.
Immediately she finished speaking, i did the only thing that comes to my mind at that moment. I snatched the book away from Justin while the one in my hand fell. Rose took it.
You won't find anything in it. I told Justin.
He was about to protest when Rose speaks.
He's right.
Hold on, she says as she flips through the book. Michael, did you check this book.
Not yet.
Could it be that...
Venoita grabbed the book from her and go through it. She stop at a particular page and went lost for some minutes.
What's wrong?
The witch who help Emily blocked her wolf is not an ordinary  witch. She knew that this flower is rare. She said worriedly. I think she's back.
Who are you talking about? Kate suddenly questioned.
She stood at the door with Rose. How long as she been there?
She walk over to Venoita. Forget about that for now. Tell me the flower's name, i knew about flower. I might be of help.
Not just any Flower.

Happy new year guys, wish you success and uplifting.