Chapter 30

Everything will be okay

----Quigley's POV----
Quigley watched as she writhed in pain, wriggling out of his grip and falling onto the hard cave floor. She mumbled and cried out. Her hair became a knotted halo. He was terrified in what he should do. How could he possibly comfort her?

Her blue eyes flew open, but they were blank, unseeing, blind. All she could see were the horrors that haunted her imagination.

----Violet's POV----
The black smoke smothered her, blacking out her vision. The flames burned and stung at her, the cries of her parents were ringing in her ears accompanied by the crackling of the fire. Her whole world was burning and crumbling around her. Her family, her home, her life would soon be turned to ash.

But she was where she was supposed to be; she was supposed to die in the fire that stole her childhood away from her.

This was right.

And then the smoke cleared, although her vision was still blurry she could make out a boy. She was no longer in her burning home but on the ground, staring into the hazel eyes of a very familiar face.

He was leant over her, brushing her hair out her face, trying to calm her. She could hear an awful crying, 'he shouldn't be comforting her but the person crying' she thought.

And then she realised he was comforting the crying person. She was the person making the awful noise. She leant up, and the room spun around her; reminding her of a carousel.

"Hey, hey, your okay, just sit back down, your still weak," The boy, who she realised to be Quigley gently pushed her back onto the floor, wiping her tears away with his sleeve.

He held her in his arms, rocking her gently, whispering soothing words of comfort and love.

The whole time she just sobbed into his chest. Letting the sadness and pain wash over her and fade.

Eventually she was left hiccuping from her tears, usually she would be embarrassed by her lack of composure but she was so confused and worn out that she wasn't embarrassed at all, just glad to be safe in the arms of a person she loved.

----Quigley's POV----
She eventually fell asleep in his arms. He leant back carefully, in order to avoid disturbing her, and pulled her against his chest; wrapping his arms around her protectively.

Her breathing was still shallow but he knew she was safe. The hypothermia had passed and she was okay.