33. I DIDN'T CHANGE 😠😠

Hi everyone out there!!

Here's the next chapie!!

I dedicate this chapie to my friend Sar_Van99 for voting first on the previous chapie.

**************

Surya's POV:

It's exactly the day when I am bring judged about my capabilities.

One month since the last meeting of the board of directors.

The day when The Hilwins and Co. is going to find its future.

Most importantly, the day where I am valued or ignored.

I've worked real hard all this month, missing many meals and spending sleepless nights. I agree that I had tough time doing this. But I think the directors can see the result. I have the hope that they'll support me now.

The meeting starts in an hour, I am all set to go to the office.

Katherine came down in a red colored saree, she had her mangalsutra. She began keeping her mangalsutra from 2 weeks. I didn't ask her why she started doing it . However I came to know that she had the engagement ring all along. She didn't paint herself in dark color like last time. She didn't apply make up too. Her colour variation on her waist and on the nape of the neck are clearly visible. I don't know what she's upto.

She had breakfast along with me. We don't speak with each other but we eat together at times. After having breakfast, we went to office in my car. I took her to office in my car daily because I didn't want her to faint again.

She became like a shadow of me this whole month. She was with me at all the times. I got fed up with her and asked her to go out at times but she was there where I was. She looked after all the works even after I checked. She led her team well. I don't want to admit this, but she too worked hard in this whole month. I've seen her skipping food but I sent someone with food to her. She slept at 3 and 4AM few days just like me. I started living again in this house after Praveen left. Why should I leave this house just because she's staying here? It's my house. After she leaves as she says, it'll be my home again. A part of me says that I'm feeling guilty that she's staying here alone for me and my office and that's why I am here, but I don't agree. Some other times I feel like I wont let her go, this frightens me. From when is Surya being dependent on people?

" Surya, we have reached the floor." She said getting out of the elevator.

I walked out and she walked beside me.

" Sir, everyone has arrived. First you'll be having a meeting with the board of directors and then you'll have to address the investors and shareholders." My PA informed.

" Thank you Shruthi." I said and she widened her mouth in surprise.

I generally never say thank you, but I think I got this habit from Katherine. She does that for every little thing she gets.

" Surya, all the best." She said and went towards the other side of the office.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked.

" I will come to the board of directors meeting." She said and hurried somewhere.

She came inside with an envelope and sat in her assigned place.

After seeing all the directors, I began the meeting.

I, Surya Reddy am ready to do whatever the board has decided. I have kept my whole effort here and here are the results.

The projector showed the presentation of how we handled it from day1. I answered to the questions raised by some.

After I completed my presentation, the directors began discussing. Katherine distrubuted the soft copies of the present statistics of the Hilwins and Co.

I sat in my chair preparing myself to hear what they're about to say. Seeing Katherine, I remembered that day in the court when Raj shouted on her.

Flashback

I asked her what happened but she didn't tell anything except the common bank details.

I felt that something was fishy. But Katherine is always a cheat. So I left that matter there.

She spoke to all investors and organised frequent meetings with them to make them know about our progress in this one month. But today all our investors came together.

One day Kamal, a classmate of mine in college came. Probably he came to discuss about his shares.

That evening she came into my room along with him and said " Nice meeting you Mr. Kamal. I am Mrs. Reddy by the way. You can niw speak with Mr. Reddy." I was surprised when she addressed herself that. Inraised my eyebrow towards her but she smiled and left the room.

From then Kamal came few times to our company. He increased the shares our company and helped us.

Once I got fed up with the questions of a shareholder in a meeting and I was about to lash against him. Katherine stood up and covered it up and helped me to regain my conposure. She acted like a perfect better half but she is not in real.

I didn't understand why she did this.

End of flashback

Mr. Tej Patnaik stood up. I held my breathe anxiously.

He spoke " I being the next senior director, represent all our directors and take the privilege of announcing our decision. The Hilwins and Co. began with two founders and had a great time. We are lucky to be it's staff that time. Due to the personal issues of the founders, it had a fall. We are all scared rhat we couldn't imagine it's future. I am personally attached to the company, so I couldn't see this downfall anymore. I knew what are the difficulties in running such a huge company all alone and I lost my trust on Mr.Surya as I've seen his issues with his father directly. I now regret thinking that way. Mr.Surya Reddy and his team has handled the situation very maturely. Even if I would have tried, we wouldn't achieve this result. If we work in this manner, we can bring The Hilwins and Co. to the previous position within few months. I personally support Mr. Surya now. I apologise for doubting Mr.Surya. The other directors also have the same opinion. We are now ready to work along with you Mr.Surya. "

I felt relaxed after listening to him. Yes, we did it.

The other directors also spoke one after another.

I concluded the meeting after thanking all the directors for supporting me. While exiting, I heard one of the directors talking with Katherine " It's because of you we have thought to give him one chance. He changed a lot after you have come. Don't leave him."

Katherine just smiled in response. I can see that it's an artificial smile. What was that director speaking? I didn't change in anyway😠😠.

I walked out furiously. I had a black coffee and walked into the room where the investors and shareholders have gathered.
Katherine wasn't there. Everyone else came. I stood up to begin the meeting, someone pointed out that Katherine is missing here. I had to wait for another 15 minutes. But she didn't turn up. I stood up to search for her.

**********

That's it for now

Please do vote comment and share ❤❤

I'll dedicate the next chapie to the one who votes first on this chapie..