50. RACHEL👼

Hi everyone out there!!

Here's the next chapie...

I dedicate this chapie to my friend melyalanie96 for voting first on the previous chapie..

*******

Katherine's POV:

Mr.Reddy entered the room and spoke " Hello Katherine. How have you been? I know that you're not well. You have been stuck in a marriage without love. Sowmya ran at the last moment, right? But you have rightly trapped my stupid son." He laughed afterwards for one whole minute.

I smiled lightly saying " Yes Sir."

This must have shook him.

" What do you mean you woman? Do you work for me??" He asked with sternness radiating from him.

" No sir. But I've trapped your son exactly as you have said for money." I said.

" Don't you dare lie to me Katherine. The consequences wouldn't be good for you. If money was all that you needed you would have accepted the offer by Mr.Nayar. " He said.

" I wasn't thinking with a right mind then." I admitted genuinely.

" You could have called back to him if you had changed your mind." He said doubtimg me.

" I don't even know who called me and how could I find him even if I wanted to?" I said sadly.

" Can I trust you?" He asked.

" Yes Sir." I said.

" Sir, can I ask you one thing? " I said wanting to get answer to the question that's eating me up.

" What do you want?" He asked.

" Why are you plotting against your son sir?" I asked.

" You would have known the pain if it was me. I had envisioned a clear life for him right from his birth till his death. I even had a plan about whom he had to marry. He never listened to me." He said burning with rage.

" Did that girl agree to marry him Sir?" I couldn't help myself from asking that question.

" That's a different story for a different time. Now coming to the point, do you want to help me?" He asked.

" Yes sir." I said.

Before he could say something, Praveen knocked the door saying " Dad, I need to talk to you."

" Dont tell anyone a word about this." He said and left the room.

Just as I am about to sit back on the bed, Praveen's mother came.

She looked at me with pure hate and dislike.

It should not hurt you Katherine. You are used to this.

" I never thought that you could come till here you ugly woman." She said.

" I'm sorry but I had to come mam." I said.

" I know why you have come." She said shocking me.

Did she overhear me and Mr.Reddy?

" What magic did you cast on my son that he married you? Isn't it enough for you that you have stolen my elder son? Why are you after my younger son now?" She asked making my soul cry deep inside.

I've remained silent knowing that it's the best way.

Just then a lady came inside with a baby in her hands. She handed the baby to Mrs.Reddy.