Perishable Part 1

"Parrish is lucky he is hot or else I would be blaming him for this since the other guy is dead" I say to my brother as we stand in my fathers hospital room since last night one of the other deputies set Parrish on fire.

So Parrish then showed up to the station and started beating the heck out of the other deputy but the other deputy pulled out a gun and fired but it hit my dad in the shoulder so now here we stand with my father laying in a hospital bed.

"Alright, Mr. Stilinski" the doctor says looking at his clipboard.

"Sheriff" Stiles corrects him. "Sheriff Stilinski got you scheduled for surgery first thing in the morning. Unfortunately it's going to take some digging to get the slug out of your shoulder " Doc says as dad fills out paper work.

"That's fine. Hey wow, one more" Dad says telling the doctor to come towards him. "What's this part here, this line ?" Dad asks while Stiles gives a worried look.

"Patient responsibility, parts of the procedure and hospital stay not covered by the hospital insurance"Doc says.

"Are those big parts expensive parts?" Dad asks ."That's between you and your insurance Unfortunately. You should start feeling the morphine in a minute, try and get some rest Mr.- Sheriff"Doc says walking out of the room.

I start to feel tears well up in my eyes and Stiles starts biting his thumb. "Hey, stop that" Dad says and Stiles puts his hand down and I wipe my tears.

"I was just curious about the terminology, we're, we're not-" he starts but I cut him off. "We just want you to be safe" I say and he looks at me.

"I'm the Sheriff, nothing about my job is safe" he says. "I know about the bills dad" Stiles says.

"I know about the collectors, the call about Eichen House, I know about the advance from the department, about the credit cards" Stiles says looking down.

"Stiles, are you going through my stuff?" dad asks. "Yeah, I go through all your stuff especially when you keep things from us " Stiles says glancing towards me. "I keep things from you guys because you don't need to know everything".

"Yes we do, I have to know everything. How the hell else am I suppose to take care of you and Sofia?" Stiles asks raising his voice.

"YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO TAKE CARE OF ME" Dad yells. "This isn't the time or place to be discussing this" I say but they ignore me. Typical Stilinski behavior.

"I'm the dad, your the son and she's the daughter. You get it? Dad, Son, Daughter" he says pointing to us. "I take care of you" Dad says as Stiles takes a seat.

"We're suppose to take care of each other" my brother says and I walk over to him and hold his hand for comfort.

"It's what mom would have wanted" I say and dad sighs. "Hey, we're going to be alright" dad says. "How do you know dad?" Stiles asks.

"I don't but the morphine's kicking in. I'm not all that worried about anything right now" he says resting his head on the pillow and closing his eyes.

"I love you daddy" I say walking over to him and kissing his cheek. I see Stiles looking worried so I bend over and hug him. He smiles and kisses me on the forehead.

"You know that no matter what I will always protect you" he says and I nod. "You are my favorite sister" he says and I silently laugh. "I'm your only sister" I say and he laughs.

"Well with the way things are going someone might just walk into town claiming to be related to one of us" he says and I nod as I leave to go home.

-

-

Next day.

"Hey LIam, it's your girlfriend calling for like the hundredth time. I just want to at least make sure your okay after everything that's been going on. So call me when you get this" I say leaving a voice mail for Liam.

I change into a pink shirt with a white pearl collar and put my white leggings on. I wear a pair of matching pink sandals and put my hair in a bun and pull out my baby hairs by the sides.

I grab my white leather purse that hangs to the side of my waist and walk out of my room. "Where are you going?" Stiles asks.

"School, the place where we learn how to not end up as an under paid stripper" I say and he nods. "Be careful" he says just as Lydia walks out of his room.

"You look cute" she says and I take a double take of my outfit. "Thanks but what are you doing here?" I ask.

"We are working on cracking another list" she says and I nod " Well good luck" I say. "Are you going to the bonfire tonight?" Stiles asks.

"I don't know, Liam has kind of been avoiding me since the hospital and I want to focus more on that then some bonfire" I say and he nods.

"Do you need a ride?" he asks and I nod. "Okay, Lydia you stay here and work on that while I take Sof to school. I will be right back" he says as we walk downstairs and to his Jeep. He starts the car and we head to school.

"Promise me that you will take care of Liam. I know he is your boyfriend but he is also a new werewolf who is still learning. If things get out of control then you need to break up with him. I don't want another repeat of Scott and Allison" he says.

"But Allison kept Scott in control" I say. "And also caused him to loose it at times and Liam isn't Scott. It also doesn't help that he has I.E.D. ".

"Fine but just let me handle it" I say getting out of the Jeep and walking into the school building. I walk to my locker and grab a granola bar out of it and chew on that as I keep an eye out for Liam.

"Liam, hey am I going to see you at the bonfire tonight" I hear Mason say and turn to see him talking to Liam. I walk a little closer so I can hear what they are talking about.

"Uh, I'm thinking about skipping it" Liam says acting strange. "You're not skipping it" Mason says. "Why not?" LIam asks panting a little and holding into the strap of his bag.

"Because you're on the lacrosse team. Don't you have to go?" Mason asks and Liam nods. "I don't uh..." he says and turns to the side staring at something but all I see are students walking. "I, I don't think I can make it" he says looking back at Mason.

"You're coming and we are going to find your nice girlfriend so you can embarrass yourself in front of her and spend time with her and find me a lacrosse player because statistically speaking, someone on your team has gotta be a on my team, alright" Mason says making me smile but Liam is still staring at something but I don't see anything.

"Liam" he says and he snaps out of it breathing hard like out of fear. "Okay I, I'll be there" he says scared and walks off.

"Liam, what's wrong?" I ask following him but he just ignores me and walks into the boys bathroom. Jokes on him because I accidentally walked into the boys bathroom on the first day of school and am no longer terrified.

I push the door open and a ton of boys run out giving me looks. "Wash your hands Greenberg" I say and he does so.

"Liam" I call but he doesn't reply. "I don't know what's wrong but I'm here for you. So when you're ready to talk, you know where to find me" I say walking out. What is his problem ?