The end of the first day

Robert P.O.V

My wife and I had been sitting at the table for a few minutes after the other two had finished eating. 

Robert: What do you think all that giggling was about?

Margo: I don't know, should we go check?

Robert: I think they'll be fine. For all I know, they could just be really close friends.

Margo: That sort of thing takes time honey. I'm not putting it past them to be friends already or anything. I just don't think you can be close friends with someone you just met that same day.

Robert: I understand that.

Both of us go back to eating, when we hear more noise coming from the living room. It wasn't either of them, but the tv this time. 

Margo: Is she watching that movie again?

Robert: Sounds to me as if that's the case.

Margo: I know she likes it, but I don't know if he will.

Robert: Oh calm down. You're just saying that because you think it's a bad movie.

Margo: *sigh* I'm just saying. More people than just me dislike that movie. But let's just assume you're right.

She doesn't usually stop arguing with me so fast. I guess maybe it's because there's a guest over, I don't know. I finish my dinner, and put the dishes away in the dishwasher. I leave the kitchen, and head over to my arm chair to sit and read the paper. But when I walk into the living room, I notice how close the two of them seem to have gotten. They have their arms around one another, and Grace is resting her head on (Y/N)'s shoulder. They're both watching the movie, probably didn't even notice me standing in the door way. I walked in, and sat in my recliner. Both of them looked over at me.

Grace: Hey dad! What's up?

Robert: Not much sweetie, just going to read the paper.

(Y/N): Your dad still reads the paper?

Grace: It helps him fall asleep. 

(Y/N): Ah.

I hear them talking in quiet voices. I assume it's so they can still hear the movie. I decide to watch it for a bit.

                                                                      *Now entering movie*

Dig Site Kid: That doesn't look very scary! More like a six foot turkey.

Dr. Grant: A turkey, huh?

Dr. Sattler: Oh no. Here we go

Dr. Grant: Try to imagine yourself in the Cretaceous period. You get your first look at this. . . six foot turkey as you enter a clearing. He moves like a bird, likely bobbing it's head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity's are based on movement, like T-Rex. He'll lose you if you don't move, no. Not velociraptor. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. Now that's where the attack comes, not from the the front, but from the sides *whistle* From the other two raptor, that you didn't even know were there. Because velociraptors are pack hunters. Se he uses coordinated attack patterns, and he's out in force today. And he slashes at you with this. A six inch, retractable claw, like a razor. On the middle toe. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion see? No no. He slashes at you. . . here or here.

Dr. Sattler: Oh Alan.

Dr. Grant: Or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. The point is, you are alive, when they start to eat you. So you know, try to show a little respect.