Date Night

Grace P.O.V 

My mom had come home from work, and that's when (Y/N) and I decided to head out for our date. Our reservations were for six, and it was currently 5:32 pm. We walked out the front door, and headed for the restaurant. I had eaten there before, and it's regarded as the best restaurant in all of Inkopolis. On the way there, I saw him. That octoling, Nick, was looking at us. I was just about to turn a blind eye to him. . .

Nick: HEY!

I turned to look at (Y/N), hoping he'd ignore them and move on to the restaurant. 

(Y/N): What do you want?

Nick: Oh don't worry. I just wanted to say happy birthday to Grace.

Grace: I highly doubt that.

Nick: Oh, I see. So I'm not allowed to act nice huh?

(Y/N): Just leave us alone, we have reservations.

Nick: Reservations? For what?

Grace: None of your business. 

Nick: Alright fine, tell me nothing. I'll find out eventually. 

He walked off, and I looked up to (Y/N).

(Y/N): Well, he's a real jerk isn't he?

Grace: Yeah.

(Y/N): Well, come on. No need for delay anymore. Let's get to the restaurant. 

We continued walking and in no time at all, we arrived at the restaurant. It wasn't super fancy, just a pleasant place for inkling and octoling families to hang out and eat food.

Host: May I help you two?

Grace: Yeah, we have a reservation for two under the name Grace.

Host: Let's see. . . ah yes, please follow me. These will be your seats for the night. Enjoy the decor, look through the menu, and a waiter will be right with you both.

(Y/N): Uh. . . Grace?

Grace: Yeah (Y/N)?

(Y/N): I uh, can't read this menu.

Grace: Oh right, sorry. Do you want me to read off the options for you?

(Y/N): Sure.

I started by listing off the main dishes which all came with a choice of three side orders. I then moved onto the drink menu, and he made his mind up a whole lot faster than the food. I looked through my menu, but decided to have what ever (Y/N) was having.

Waitress: How're you two doing today?

Both: Good

Waitress: Good to hear. May I start you off with something to drink, or are you ready to order?

Grace: I think we're ready to order.

Waitress: Ok, what'll it be for you sir?

(Y/N): I'll just have a hamburger with just the ketchup and the cheese as toppings please.

Waitress: And what'll you have on the side of that?

(Y/N): Cheese Curds.

Waitress: And for you ma'am?

Grace: I'll have a burger as well, except with only lettuce, and french fries on the side.

Waitress: Great. Do either of you want a drink as well to start with?

Grace: We'll both just have a water please.

Waitress: Alright, we'll have the drinks out to you in a little bit, and we'll bring the food to you shortly after that.