Ch.9: Marriage

Definition:
Marriage[noun]:the legally or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship.

^•^

2013 rolled around and it's Rose and Josh's wedding day.

"Are you nervous?" Georgina asked Rose. Rose was sitting in front of a mirror fully dress in a beautiful off shoulder wedding dress. Her hair was curled and let down while the side of it was braid. All in all she looked stunning.

"Yeah, a bit." She said while rubbing her sweaty palms on the towel. She was really nervous yet excited at the same time.

"You'll do fine. Don't worry." Georgina gave her a encouraging smile. And Rose returned her.

"It's time, Rose." Her Uncle, Jack came in.

Rose took his hands and they begin walking down the flowery aisle.

Her parents died in a tragic car accident since she was 13 and so her uncle adopted her ever since. Her Uncle is her only family member left and she loved and respect him so much.

He was the one who keep her sane, the one who dragged her out of the dark, the one who would take care of her when no one would. To her he's a hero. A person who she could rely on even during her darkest time.

Music plays as they walk. At the end of the path, Josh stood there in a stunning white tuxedo with a white dress shirt underneath.

Josh took her hands in his and stared at her as if the only thing in this world. He looked at her as if she's a rare piece of gem.

"You look beautiful, my love." He whispered to her and she smiled.

"Do you ,Josh King, accept ,Rose White, as your wife?" The Priest asked.

"I do" he said as he stared at her dreamily.

"Do you ,Rose White, accept, Josh King as your husband?"

"I do" Rose looked at him.

"I know declared you husband and wife. Please say your vows."

"Rose, I could promise to hold you and to cherish you. I could promise to be in sickness and in health. I could say, til death do us part. But I won't. Those vows are for optimistic couples, the ones full of hope. And I do not stand here, on my wedding day, optimistic or full of hope. I am not optimistic, I am not hopeful, I am sure. I am steady. And I know that I am a heart man. I take them apart and I put them back together and I hold them in my hands. I am a heart man. So this I am sure, you are my partner, my lover, my very best friend, my heart, my heart beats for you. And on this day, the day of our wedding, I promise you this: I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands, I promise you... me". Reaching his hands, he wipe her tears and whisper to her not to cry.

Calming her breathing down Rose started with a bit of a shaky breath.

"I promise to be your lover, companion, and friend. Your partner in parenthood, your ally in conflict, your greatest fan, and your toughest adversary. Because of you I laugh, I smile, and I dare to dream more than I ever have. Thank you for the miracle of you. You are, and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my man."

Without a hesitation, Josh grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into the warmth of his hands, his lips t ouching hers and they kissed passionately before the priest even get to say anything.

[To Be Continue]