22. What's a girl to do?

I pulled the door open smiling at the person standing there. "Hi, you must be Joseph, come on in." I greeted him warmly. He looked confused as he entered the house, I quickly shut the door behind him as he began to speak.

"Hi, yeah I'm Joseph. I got a text message from Caroline... Caroline Forbes. She asked me to come over, said she needed my help with something."

I looked him up and down appreciatively. Joseph was on the school football team with Matt and Tyler and I had to admit he was very hot. Joseph cleared his throat when I didn't say anything.

"Well Joseph," I said stepping closer to him, "I'm afraid I have a little confession to make. See Caroline didn't send you that message I did."

He looked ever more confused and opened his mouth to say something but I grabbed his shoulders and forced him to make eye contact as I compelled him.

"You will not try and run. You will stay here and not be scared. Do you understand?" It took him a second to nod his head. "Good," I continued, "Because I'm starving."

I quickly pulled his head to the side and sunk my teeth into his neck. The warm blood poured down my throat and I could feel the strength returning to my weak body. I could feel the remaining few blisters on my arms healing as well. I stopped drinking and stepped back. Joseph put his hand to the wound.

"Ok, you just did... whatever... to me and I'm not running away. How the hell did you do that?" he asked, no fear in his voice. God I loved compulsion.

I walked past him into the library knowing he would follow. I also realised that for such a big house, we always seemed to only really use this room. shrugging I put that out of my mind for now and poured out two drinks. I held one out to Joseph but he still stood at the doorway holding his neck. I shook the glass at him and he walked over slowly and took it out of my hand, still watching me.

Ok, I may have been a bit savage when I bit him I realised as the blood was still pouring down his neck. Sighing I bit my own wrist and pushed it against his mouth, forcing him to swallow some. He gagged at first, but surprise covered him as he moved the hand from his neck, the mark gone.

"Oh don't look at me like that. If I kill you now, what am I going to do for the rest of the day? Now to answer your question, I compelled you. It's a neat little trick that vampires like me have over humans." He opened his mouth but I cut him off, "Yes vampires are real and a lot of them live in Mystic Falls but don't tell anyone."

I laughed then, "Well that won't be a problem, as you won't be leaving this house alive. So what do you think of that?"

He lowered his drink before answering me, "Well it's got to be the craziest thing I've ever heard and yet weirdly it would explain all the animal attacks over the years."

I was surprised at his answer. I mean, I know I compelled him to not be scared but still, I was slightly impressed that he made the animal connection so quickly. He held out the empty glass to me and I quickly refilled it.

"What else can you do?" he inquired, this time just sipping his drink.

"Well, to be honest with you we have unbelievable hearing, we heal very fast and of course there's the speed." When I finished the sentence I ran to the other side of the room, Joseph spun trying to find me and when he saw where I was he laughed. He actually laughed. "That's kinda awesome." He said, still smiling.

What the hell was wrong with him? There's a difference between not being scared and being stupid. He knows I plan to kill him and he thinks this is awesome. Ah well, this should make for an interesting day. I smile back at him, "We need music."