MFS 9 [English version]

"Go out with me, Miss Perfect."

Those were the words that came out from Diane's mouth.

I got surprised by what she said. All this time we thought she's been hitting on me. Diane let go of my arm and waited for Rose to answer. Rose grabbed my hand and started to walk away. In the corner of my eye I saw a ball coming for Rose again. Before I could block myself, Rose has caught the ball on her right hand. The happening was too quick that I haven't noticed her movements.

 I could see annoyance in Rose's eyes. She threw the ball at Diane and said, "Why don't we put this in a game? If I lose, we'll have the date, but if I win...you'll do the task of your new recruits."

We moved towards the court where the practice was held. I can see the new members of the team sitted in the long bench while the veteran players was playing in the court.

 "Rose, you don't know how play basketball, right? Just surrender before you get hurt," I tried to convince her. But she did not listen and there she goes in the court waiting for the game to start.

"Newbies! There was a person who challenged me in a game..if she wins, all of the senior players will be the one to clean the quarters and wash the towels used," Diane explained to them.

 The beginners started to whisper to each other. They are surely doubting about Rose's ability especially she was known as a ballet dancer. Even I was doubtful of her winning the game.

"Did you know what can possibly happen to you if you continue this? You can be injured...and can never do ballet anymore," Sam, the center of the team, said.

 Rose just looked at her. I have already told her that before she entered the court but didn't even consider my concern.

"Okay, I need for newmbies to team up with the challenger," Sam announced.

All of the beginners were pointing to each other to play against the senior varsity palyers. And because Rose got bored, she came near and picked the four persons she wanted to be teamed up.

"It was not necessary for me to have other members in my team," Rose said. I never knew she could boast like that. She began to tie her long hair. It's been a while since I saw her hair tied. The shape of her face and her neck was now visible. She became more beautiful.

In the beginning of the game, students came one-by-one to watch the match. Running from left to right, right to left. Chasing after the ball here and there. The varsity was doing great that's why Rose's team was having a hard time to score. Diane had shooted continuously proving that she really was the shooting guard of the team.

"17-2!!!" the acting referee announced. Ah! I knew it, Rose was just tiring herself! Something can happen to her again especially there was the mystery about what happened to her.

And there was a timeout..

 "Ah! we'll not gonna win, Miss Rose," Heidi, who served as the power forward, said in a sad tone.