MFS 3 [English version]

I rolled my eyes over the room and saw my sister, Agnes. She was preparing my food. There were fruits set on the table, bottles of water and medicines. Well, I guess I am still in the hospital. Not a surprise for me. I could still feel the pain in my head even though it already has bandage. They removed the heart rate monitor right after I was awake. The doctors said that my condition was already stable and I only need to rest more.

"Brother, please sit down so you can eat," Agnes came to me and laid the tray of food in the bed table. I sat down and was really ready to eat. I was hungry after being unconscious for five days. I took the spoon and sip the soup she has prepared. Agnes' cooking is really good. 

Agnes was just sitting at the couch as she watch me eat. "Do you want some apples? I could peel them for you." She stood and went on the table and reached for the apples. 

I have noticed that since I woke up Agnes never stayed sitting near me for long. We haven't talked much yet. She is always doing something. I am not sure if she really do it consciously so that we cannot talk to each other. What was her problem? Because of this things in my mind, I didn't notice that I already finished my meal. 

"Agnes, I thank you for the delicious food you served," I smiled at her even though she's not facing me and was busy peeling the apples. 

"Not a problem. Hurry up, and recover quickly so you can go out of here as soon as possible," she turned to me and brought me the peeled apples placed on a saucer.

"Agnes," perhaps she really don't have the plan to sit for atleast an hour. "...you do not have to toil on taking care of me. Come and sit down here."

She did not response to my invitation. She never face me whenever I'm awake. Is there something she's been hiding from me?

"Ah, I remembered that the doctor wants me to come in his office. I should go and talk with him," and she imeediately turn and leave. Did I do something bad? One by one, I ate the sliced apple and suddenly the door opened. A nurse entered carrying a bloodpressure kit, a pen, and a medical file folder.

"Hello, Mr. William. I will be checking your blood pressure today," the nurse greeted me as she came near me. I nodded and continued eating the apples. 

She put the blood pressure cuff on my arm and placed the gauge on it. She put the stethoscope on her ears and started to squeeze the valve. Shortly, she finished and suddenly I remembered something.

"Nurse, is there someone I was with?"

"Yes, the woman," the nurse replied as she fix her things.

"Where is she?"

"Hm? I met her outside before I entered the room maybe she's talking to the doctor," the nurse seemed to be confused of my question.

"Ah, no that was Agnes. I mean, where was the woman I was with when the accident happened? I cannot ask this to my sister because I think she's avoiding me," I look straight at the nurse waiting for her to response. Five days has already passed and my sister has not been talking to me because she kept on avoiding me. 

The nurse seemed to hesitate to answer my question. The entire room was filled with silence.

"Is there a problem?" I asked. I am getting nervous because she's not answering me.

"Sir, you're sister haven't told you about it?" she softly asked me that made me to become nervous even more.

"told what?"

"Sir, the woman you are with that day has been dead."

Upon hearing those words, I felt that my body became cold. I looked at the nurse's eye. I do not know what should be my reaction for my body hardened from its position. It seems that I was deafened. My hands are not moving also. Maybe, she's just joking around.

"Sir? Are you alright?"

I smiled at her. I noticed that she was surprised of the unexpected reaction I gave her. 

"Sir?"

"nurse, that was my girlfriend. I will be forgiving you this time, but to be honest, I do not like your joke," I directly said those words to her. Please tell me that you're joking.

"Sir, I know it's hard for you to believe but it is the truth," she was serious to what she said. Why would a nurse play a joke on me, this is a hospital!

My smile slowly faded away. I was even more chilled and her words are deafening me. Why? Why is it that it seems to be true?!  "But I saw her got out from my car and stood in front of me. Maybe you're just wrong?" Yes, maybe she's just wrong.

"I am one of the rescue team when we came to the place. Yes, I also saw her out of the car but you're both laying down on the road. Youre girlfriend has lost too much blood."

"B-But, I know that she have lost much of that blood, even when she's still inside the car. But, I really saw her crawled out and stared at me. There are others who have seen that!" wait, William, relax....don't be carried away to a joke. 

"That was the exact thing that the other people told us. You're not mistaken, Sir. We did everything we can do to revive her in the mergency room. We were amazed that it's been long but she's still alive upon reaching the hospital. But Sir, we are very sorry....we were not able to bring her life back," and the nurse took her leave. 

Is this what you call a joke?! Is this a joke? I was so confused, my mind is already divided. I do not know what to believe and what is not! I laid down again and stared at the ceiling. The etire room is white...white...white... I've been trying to remove the things I heard but my chest won't stop buzzing. My sight became blurred as I was trying to stop the escape of my tears from my eyes. That was impossible. I saw her got out of the car! And my tears started to fell.

The tears continued flowing and I was struggling to stop myself from crying out loud. My heart hurts, literally, it hurts. My heart seemed to be crushed...Rose..Rose...That was not true, right?

Suddenly the door opened and from the edge of my eye I can see a woman coming near to me.