06

It had been a few days since Lacey had the abortion. Kendall had taken it on herself to have Lacey staying with her. She didn't trust Christine with her.

When morning came, Lacey was sitting on the sofa. She hadn't slept. The door opened and Simon walked in. "You need to stop this. Kendall is starting to get suspicious," he said.

Lacey shrugged. "That's not my problem. I did what you wanted. I killed my baby. Leave me alone," she said.

Simon rolled his eyes. "It was my baby too. Just drop this."

***
Lacey walked into school and immediately Christine was at her side. "How are you?"

"I'm okay. Under lock and key at Kendall's but I feel safe," she said.

Christine sighed. "You're safe with me Lacey. I won't let anyone hurt you."

Lacey shrugged. "Yeah but Kendall is all action. No talk. You're always drunk and making me on edge," she mumbled. She was keeping a secret.

Christine sighed again. She knew that Lacey wasn't herself.

***
Kendall walked into work. She saw her sister sitting on the steps. "Hey. Are you okay?" Kendall asked.

Lacey nodded and smiled. "Yeah. I'm fine," she mumbled.

Kendall could tell she was lying. She knew Lacey all too well. She knew when she was hiding something. Kendall took her hand. "Listen babes, you know you can always talk to me. I'm always here."

"I know."

***
Lacey had enough of school. She grabbed her bag and walked out. She walked to the off licence and bought two bottles of vodka. They weren't little bottles. But the biggest in the shop.

Lacey made her way to the beach and sat down. She needed to be alone. Lacey began downing the vodka.

***
Kendall walked around the school looking for Lacey. She found Simon. "Have you seen Lacey?" She asked.

Simon shook his head. "No. Is she okay?"

"I don't know. She's hiding something from me. I don't want to talk to my mum about it. She's useless."

Simon sighed. He took Kendall's hand. "Have you ever thought that you're not Lacey's mum? She has a mum."

Kendall glared at him. "How dare you? I've always looked after that girl! She needs me. Our mother is a useless drunk!"

***
Lacey was drunk. She stood up and made her way to the school. Kendall and Simon were standing outside when she stumbled in.

They saw her and immediately walked over. "Lacey? Is everything okay?" Kendall asked.

Lacey giggled and hiccuped. "S-Simon is a daddy," she slurred and looked at Simon. "Don't look at me like that twinkle."

Kendall frowned. She knew something was bothering her sister. She knew something had happened between Simon and Lacey and she wanted to know.

***
Kendall took Lacey home. She gave her some coffee to sober up. Kendall sat down next to her. "I know you're struggling with the abortion. But don't shut me out. Talk to me."

Lacey looked at her and felt the tears roll down her cheeks. How could she tell her sister her most deepest darkest secret?