013

Lacey walked downstairs. Michael was there which made Lacey panic. She thought she was going to get hurt. She quickly ran back upstairs.

Lacey didn't know why, but she didn't like it with Michael being around. She didn't trust him. Lacey sat on her bed and sighed as she waited for Michael to leave which seemed to have taken forever.

Lacey got dressed for school and walked down to the kitchen where she saw Christine who looked at her. "I know you're avoiding Michael. But he is here to stay. He is moving in."

"What? Why? This is my home too. I should get a say," Lacey said as she poured some orange juice.

"Don't be a brat Lacey. It is happening."

"You're a bitch!" Lacey said as she walked out.

She walked out the house and went to school. She knew it was early. But she couldn't stay in the house with Christine any longer. She was driving her mad.

Lacey found herself outside of Kendall's flat. She knocked on the door as Kendall answered. She looked at her little sister and frowned. "Mum is a cow. She's moving Mr Byrne in. I hate it there," Lacey said.

Kendall smiled as she looked at her sister. "You can always stay here," Kendall said as Lacey smiled.

****

Lacey got to school and stood in the corridor. Lacey knew it was the last thing on her mind. She saw Max Tyler walking down the corridor towards her. He sighed. "Why aren't you in class? Should I go and get your mother?" Max asked.

Lacey looked at him and rolled her eyes. "If she actually cared then yes," she said as she went to walk off.

Max grabbed her arm. She looked at him as they held a look. "Are you okay?" Max asked.

Lacey looked at him and sighed. "I'm last priority to my mother. So no. I'm not okay. My sister is the only one who cares about me," Lacey said as she walked off.

Max looked after her as she walked off. He frowned. He could see how miserable that Lacey was. He walked to the office and sighed as he grabbed the phone. He rang a number and sighed. "Hello. Social Services. I'd like to report a vulnerable student. I think she's being neglected at home," Max said. He knew that he had to do the right thing.

****

Lacey sat in class as Simon walked in. "Can I borrow Lacey? Lacey bring your stuff," he said. He was dreading what was about to happen.

Lacey grabbed her stuff and frowned. She followed him out of the classroom and sighed. "What's going on?" She asked.

"Social services are here to speak to you. Kendall is there at the minute," Simon told her.

Lacey frowned and looked at him. She walked into the pastoral care office and saw the social worker. "What's going on?" She asked.

"They're taking you away Lace. She's my sister. She can stay with me," Kendall said.

"We have to evaluate the whole family. Mr Tyler's orders. I'm afraid Lacey will have to go into foster care," the social worker said.

Lacey looked to her and frowned as she realised one thing. She had to go into care. And it was all down to Max Tyler.