Chp 36

Mia's POV
     I woke up in the middle of the night. I woke up sweating and in panic. I was grumpy and tired, but I couldn't fall asleep again. My nightmares woke me up, making me feel uneasy inside. All that talk about my abuse with my old family only brought back racing memories. Memories I didn't want. No matter what I tried, nothing was helping me. It was like involuntary flashbacks, awake and asleep.
     It was still dark out. Feeling sad and hopeless, I turned around to snuggle into Daddy. In a matter of seconds I realized that I was hugging a pile of pillows. I sat up and saw I was alone in bed. "Daddy?" I called out. No answer. I searched his entire bedroom suite and couldn't find him. I walked downstairs. There was not a single person in sight. Late at night, this house can sure feel like a haunted house. I kept calling out Daddy's name but I couldn't find him anywhere. Too scared to walk around the entire house by myself, I decided to wake up Paris.
     I ran to her room, trying to escape the silence and my imaginary monsters of the house. I pushed her door open to find her peacefully asleep. I started shaking her arm. "Paris... Paris, wake up!"
     "What is it Mia?" she groaned in her sleep.
     "I can't find Daddy!" I yelled.
     "I'm sure he's here somewhere Mia. Go back to sleep," she said with her eyes still closed.
     "Paris I'm scared," I mumbled.
     "You can sleep with me," she groaned in her sleep.
     "No... I want Daddy!" I said close to tears. I was feeling like trash at the moment and only he could make me feel better.
     "Mia please just go back to sleep!" she yelled with her eyes still shut. Saddened and hurt, I exit out of her room. She was in no mood to get up at this hour. I tried Blanket's room, only to find it locked. I was now starting to panic, not wanting to be alone in this big and dark house. I just really wanted Daddy to hold me. I tried my luck with Prince's room, praying it was unlocked. And it was!
     "Prince wake up!" I yelled. His eyes shot open.
     "What's wrong Mia? Are you ok?" he asked in a rush. Realizing that I scared him half to death, I lowered my voice.
     "I can't find Daddy," I said as my bottom lip trembled.
     "Mia... God you scared me!" he groaned.
     "Sorry," I squeaked. I hope he's not too mad. He was my last hope to help me search for Daddy.
     "I'm sure he's around here somewhere. Go back to sleep," he said gently.
     "No I'm scared. I want Daddy now..." I said as a tear slipped out.
     "Mia, you don't need to cry. He's probably in his studio recording. Or maybe in the dance studio," Prince suggested.
     "Can you help me look for him, pleeeeeease," I pleaded. "It's dark in the house and I'm scared," I said with a pout.

Prince's POV
     I was so tired. After sitting through hours of that stupid princess movie, I couldn't sleep from the extreme sugar rush. Blanket and I devoured our candies, paying no mind to the movie. I finally managed to fall asleep maybe an hour ago, only to be awakened by a crying Mia. She refused to let me go back to sleep. I'm guessing she wasn't able to wake up Paris or Blanket.
     "Fine," I said annoyed. "But I'm telling you Mia, he's somewhere around the house. Stop worrying," I said trying to reassure her. She was clearly scared and upset, and only Dad knew how to deal with her when she got like this. She held my hand tight as we went downstairs. Our footsteps made the floor creak, only scaring Mia more.
     "Prince something is in here!" she cried. I rolled my eyes. I was in no mood for this shit. I just wanted to sleep. I was tired and irritated, and Mia's complaints only made it worse. We heard the wind whistle outside, causing Mia to shriek.
     "Mia! Nothing is in here. It's just wind. Stop being a baby!" I yelled while losing my temper with her. Let's just say it was a bad idea. She broke down crying... no, sobbing. What did I get myself into? I bent down and gave her a hug. "I'm sorry, I'm just so tired. I didn't mean to yell," I apologized. And it didn't work. She continued to sob.
     "I want Daddy," she cried. I felt bad for her. Dad's usually at her side in the middle of the night. I know how bad her nightmares get, and I know how badly she needed him right now. I let out a sigh, losing whatever sleep I had left in me. I picked her up into my arms.
     "I'll carry you till we find him ok? Don't be scared," I said while rubbing her back. I shouldn't have called her a baby. I literally made our current situation 10x worse. I wasn't used to this though. I'm the oldest but Paris is so close to my age, and I was so little when Blanket was born. I never had to be this big brother. Never had to carry either of their crying bodies around in the house, in the middle of the night, looking for our "missing" Dad.
     We checked in his recording studio but he wasn't in there. We went to the dance studio, only to find it empty. That was weird. I was so sure he would be in one of these rooms. That's usually where he would go when he couldn't sleep at night. We checked the library but he wasn't there either. We checked his office and the attic, our secret hideaway. I was beginning to worry and decided to just call his cell phone. We heard some faint ringing near one of the guest rooms.
     I walked closer and heard someone. It was Dad. I could hear him giggle. What was he doing in there? Mia heard him too and jumped out of my arms. "Daddy!!" she yelled excitedly as she ran towards the room.
     "Mia, wait!" I whisper-yelled. But it was too late. She opened the door as I chased after her.
     "Daddy!!" she screamed as she opened the door. She had a huge smile on her face, relieved to finally find Dad. Her face lit up, only to come back into a frown. "What are you doing...?" she asked slowly. Finally reaching up to Mia, I saw what caused that reaction out of her. My eyes bulged, matching Dad's eyes. We all froze in time, trying to figure out what to do. He was under the covers.... on top of someone... clearly shirtless. My instincts finally kicked in, pulling Mia aside quickly and shutting the door.
     "Mia let's go back to Dad's room. I'll stay with you till he comes up," I said trying to get us both out of there as soon as possible. But Mia refused to move, confused by what she just saw.
     "What was he doing Prince? Who was that lady?" she asked genuinely confused. I knew who that was. I've seen her several times to recognize who was laying under Dad. Mia pulled me out of my thoughts by pulling on my hand. "What's Daddy doing?" she asked again.
     "Let's go upstairs," I said trying to avoid her question. As we were about to head out of that hallway, we heard a door open. Daddy came fast-walking after us, looking disheveled. His tshirt was on backwards and his pajamas were inside out. I tried not to make eye contact, feeling awkward. I mean... I just caught my Dad having sex in the middle of the night. It couldn't get worse than this. And worst of all, Mia has no idea what she just witnessed. Mia looked straight at Dad, continuing her questions.
     "Daddy what were you doing? I was looking for you. I couldn't find you! Who was that?" she said in a rush. Daddy looked flustered not knowing what to say. I continued to look anywhere but at him.
     "Sweetheart go up to my room, I'll be right there ok?" he replied.
     "No I want to stay with you Daddy. I'm scared," she said with a pout. Dad rubbed his temples, and looked at me for help. I shrugged my shoulders, being flustered myself. I didn't know how to react to this. I knew he was embarrassed out of his mind. I didn't want to make this worse for both of us.
     "Mia, please listen to me. I will be up there right away ok? Prince will stay with you till I come up," he assured her. She held on to the hem of Dad's shirt for her dear life. Now that she finally found him, she refused to let him go. I don't blame her. She was very scared when she woke me up. I knew he wanted to take her to bed and console her, but I think he had some things to take care of first. He gently nudged her in my directions as he mouthed "I'm sorry" to me.