Prologue Part 2

I look at my hand, where my soulmate mark is. I usually cover it with foundation, or wear long sleeves to cover it. Not that it is hard.

Now, December, where do I start? I was very busy that month. Apparently the Vocaloid Actors throw an annual Christmas party, so I was caught up in preparations, which included putting up the tree, decorating the room and picking the playlist.

I can't forget that Rachel and Louis' tenth anniversary was that month. I suggested the gift this time. A special video dedicated to them. Since I was the one with the most video-editing experience, I was tasked with putting it all together.

I sent Kevin down to town to pick up a halfway decent capture card, while Maryann and Lucy dusted off the games consoles that built up in the corner. My plan was to gather PVs from their various songs in the games, and link them to their various personality traits.

For Rachel, I chose hungry, angry and love-struck. She's always hungry except from when she's upset, and I chose the song Sweet Magic by Junky. I can't forget her famous tempers, and I chose Tokyo Teddy Bear by Neru, which also showcases how over-dramatic she can be. And I remember how she acts around Louis, and I chose Melancholy, also by Junky.

For Louis, I chose overprotective, grief-stricken and love-struck. I remember how he tried to protect both me and Rachel when our bands were stolen, and I chose Embarrassment - Hiding Adolescence by HoneyWorks. I never mentioned it, but he is still in a lot of pain from his grandmother's death, two months earlier and I chose Soundless Voice by Hitoshizuku-P. And I have to go with love-struck again. I saw how he reacted when he saw Rachel on the coach with me. Excited as heck, and I chose Fire Flower by Halyosy.

And at the end, I planned to mention 'Did I forget to say the two of you are love-struck?' followed by a montage of their love songs together, including Suki Kirai, and Rin Rin Signal. I also included anniversary wishes from the rest of the Crypton Vocaloids, including me. I worked tirelessly on the video and managed to finish it a couple days before Christmas.

Two large parties two days apart weren't for me though. I stayed long enough at the Christmas party to talk with Kevin, and to exchange gifts with him. He gave me a gorgeous red necklace, and I gave him a blue beanie, which reflected my first impressions of him when we met for the first time. I remember how I thought he looked like a hipster.

We rounded the night off with another kiss, under the mistletoe of course. It made our soulmate marks glow brightly. Then, I left early. Two days later, another tenth-anniversary party.

I managed to persuade the Vocaloid Masters to put a giant screen and projector in the Vocaloid Communion Room. This is how it went when I presented the video to Rachel and Louis:

Rachel and Louis appeared in the Vocaloid World, and all the other Vocaloids were assembled on the same metal staircase as in Maryann's anniversary. The lights were dimmed, so the video would look the best.

I stepped towards my computer and said, "Rachel and Louis, to show our appreciation to you on your tenth anniversary, all us Vocaloid Actors have sent you this message." I then, clicked play on the video. The screen lit up, with a orange background, which says, 'Dedicated to Rachel!' which played the montage, and it causes Rachel to start laughing. However, when it reached love-struck, she started to blush.

The screen then cut to a yellow background, which said, 'Dedicated to Louis!', and his montage played. I heard a couple of sniffles, especially when it reached grief-stricken, before cutting to weak laughter when love-struck came up. I guess Fire Flower was a bit of a joke to him.

Finally, the background changed to half-yellow, half-orange and said 'Dedicated to the both of you!', and when it cut to the medley of love songs from them, they linked hands and their soulmate marks glowed brightly in the darkness.

Eventually, it came to our messages, and I saw Rachel start to cry gently. This causes Louis to hug her, while gently wiping the tears from her face. She hugged him back, tears flowing freely down her face. Then, came my message:

"Congratulations to ten years as Vocaloid Actors. Though, I disappeared for most of it. However, during Maryann's tenth anniversary, I remembered when I first became a Vocaloid Actor, and though you might appreciate some clips."

It then cut to clips of my memories that had been stored on the computer. It shows the very moment of their introduction, where me, Maryann and Kevin welcomed them. It shows their confusion, as they were only five at the time, before relief when it shows us welcoming them and explaining everything. It then cut to me and Rachel arguing while Kevin and Louis looked on in the background. I heard laughter from Rachel. It finally cut to Rachel and Louis sitting against each other on the couch, fast asleep. I remember feeling very amused, when I remembered that.

Rachel groaned in embarrassment, while Louis gently chuckled. The video cut back to me:

"All these memories make me want to laugh and cry. Especially when Kevin told me about when you fell asleep together on the couch. I never realised I witnessed it myself. And when it shows me explaining everything to you, who knew you would be the one having to explain everything to me when I found my band again. In reality, we had a much deeper friendship I thought, which might have been why we clicked so easily when we met again when we started high school. Anyway, that's enough reminiscing. All I want to say now is, well done to ten years and here's to many more."

It then cut to a final screen which said 'Thank you so much, Rachel and Louis!'

The lights were turned on, and applause rang from all the Vocaloid Actors, including Rachel and Louis. I stepped forward once more and said "This video has been saved to each of your computers so you can watch them at your leisure."

They stepped forward and both engulfed me in a tight hug. "Thank you!" they said in unison, almost knocking me off my feet. When they finally released me, I saw that Rachel still had tears in her eyes, though she was smiling broadly. Louis's eyes looked suspiciously watery as well, though I dismissed it.

"Thank you to everyone who participated in making this video, and now with the gift-giving out of the way, I say we should celebrate!" Louis says to the crowd, as Rachel was still a bit too overwhelmed to speak. I saw one tear drip down his cheek.

The Vocaloid Actors streamed down the metal staircase, and I saw Kevin hold out his hand, so I grabbed it and we went outside before I could panic.

"Thanks, I wait out here until the place calms down a bit," I said, breathing in the cold air. I click my fingers, changing into a fluffy white coat and pink earmuffs. Even with the warmer clothing I was still shivering. From anxiety or the cold, I don't know.

"Let me warm you up even more," Kevin says, but before I can register what he had said, he had wrapped me in a hug. I breath in his scent and hug him back. He did what he said, he warmed me up.

"Mia, that video was ace!" Rachel says, dashing through the door, before stopping dead and smirking.

"Can you stop interrupting us?!" I shout, as soon as I disentangled myself from Kevin.

"Can you forgive and accept my compliment," she says, arms folded and one raised eyebrow. She shivered slightly, so she changed into a white dress with an orange underskirt, a  brown coat tied with a orange bow, with half sleeves. She was also wearing light brown tights, and brown boots with fur lining the top.

"Are you going to come in or not?" she says, but doesn't wait for an answer as she grabs my wrist and pulls me inside. I sent a look to Kevin that clearly said 'Help me' but he shook his head and smirked, so I sent him a death glare.

That's pretty much all the stuff of interest that happened at that party, so next up is my 16th birthday!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A/N Sorry for the prologue chapters but they summarised what happened in between the first story and this one. There will be one more prologue chapter.