Chapter 11

I go the Vocaloid World at lunch, with nothing but an urgent Mind-Message from Maryann.

Maryann: 'Hey, Mia, we need you here NOW!'

I open my eyes and see the rest of the main six scattered around the main room.

"Hey, Maryann, now we're all here, are you going to tell us why you need us so 'urgently'?" Louis asked.

"The Vocaloid Masters want us to film the Beginning Medley," Maryann explained.

"But we're already filmed that medley for the game," Lucy complained. "Why do we need to film it again?"

"Apparently, the video glitched while players played it. Nothing wrong with the gameplay, just the video. The company needs to send out patches but we need to re-film the video before they can do that," Maryann replied.

I looked to Kevin, who came to my side when I appeared in the room. "I don't know the dance!"

Rachel came to my rescue on this. "Mia, you know the first video I showed you, when you first realised you were a Vocaloid Actor." I nodded. "It was the Beginning Medley!" I cast my memory back and remembered the video. I thought of when Meiko appeared in the video and committed what she did to memory.

"Okay, I'm ready!" I say with confidence, and we make our way to the stage. It was a light blue, and lights were dancing on the area in front to make the allusion of an audience. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Just pretend this is a concert and it will turn out fine.

Maryann took her place in the centre and took her first position. The rest of us waited in the wings. We'll come in as the medley progresses. The music starts and I see the camera at the very back start to move around.

A camera focused on Maryann then circled her and she began to dance. As she starts chanting the beginning of 'Vocaloid in Love' the colours on the stage change in rhythm with her voice. As she starts singing, I nod along with the beat.

Rachel turns to me with a smile on her face. "She's still got it," she says, pointing to Maryann. She has just hit the chorus, and is still dancing. She doesn't move much, but her dance is still energetic, and she has the biggest smile on her face.

I nearly get knocked over as Rachel whizzes past me onto the stage. She stands next to Maryann, just out of the range of the camera and Louis stands on the opposite side, in pretty much the same position. As I watch, confetti fires up around them and the camera zooms out, showing them jumping up in the air.

Maryann steps back as they turn and wave at her. Before they break out into 'Dreaming Leaf'. Maryann and Rachel begin singing together, as Louis accompanies them in the dancing. I watch the dance mesmerised. Rachel and Louis can't take their eyes off each other. I start dancing along with them as they hit the chorus, making sure to stay in the wings.

Maryann is moving around so much, I'm surprised her twin tails don't end up in her face. Rachel and Louis are moving in perfect coordination and seem to be reading each others minds as they weave in and out of each other.

They take a final position as the chorus comes to an end. I see Lucy running from the opposite wing and take her position. As the music starts, Maryann looks towards her, jumps slightly and waves as Lucy makes her way towards her, twirling and moving elegantly with the music. As she reaches the group, they start singing 'Moody Waltz'.

They dance slowly, matching the tempo of the song. Maryann takes frequent stops as she sings, leaving the others in the background to dance more complicated steps. I look at Lucy's long skirt and wonder how she doesn't get tangled up in it. I see her jump in the air near the end of the song, in unison with Rachel and Louis before Maryann walks forward, which is my cue.

I begin to walk towards the stage, stopping in position. The camera focuses on Kevin first, before switching to me where I jump and run towards Maryann with Kevin, smiling towards him the whole time. I start to follow the dance as I remember the excitement of a real concert, pretending those lights on the floor were glow sticks. We all start singing 'Miracle Paint' with Maryann being the main vocal, with all of us singing along in the background. We form lines and start singing, the cameras focusing on me and Kevin respectively.

I am able to hit the positions with perfect timing in the first time. We move into the next line with perfect coordination to each other. In the next line, we need to hit the moves one after the other in the order of the line. As I turned around and spread my arms, I realised I did it at the same time as Louis, and tried to slow down. Due to this, I was slightly out of coordination, but it didn't affect the video too much as I was in the background. The Vocaloid Masters didn't seem to notice anyway.

I try to forget my blunder and continue with the dance, matching the others, while staring at Kevin the whole time. At the end, the camera focused on Maryann, and I had to stifle laughter at Kevin. He was watching the camera, with the dumbest look on his face. She sang the last words quickly, and we all struck our final poses. Confetti fell around us, and the camera focused on us for around five seconds before the camera man shouted "That's a wrap! I'll get these edited and sent off to the company!"

We all ran off the stage and back into the Vocaloid Communion Room, and, for some reason, all of us got the giggles.

We let out our laughter for a solid minute, before we calmed down. I grabbed a water from the fridge and began drinking from it, before passing it to Kevin. We sat down on the couch together and I leaned against him, my head on his shoulder. He stroked the short hair of my Vocaloid, and my eyes began to close when I realised it was still noon and not nighttime.

I sat up straight and turned to Kevin, who looked downcast.

"Sorry, I should go back. I don't want to worry my parents! I'll be back tonight!" I said, and he nodded, still looking downcast.

I lifted my wrist control but before I could go back, a blinding pink light illuminated the room. I looked up to see who came to the Vocaloid World, expecting Racquelle. It wasn't, in fact I've never seen her before.

Her Vocaloid was Kokone. She had long brown hair, similar to my own hair, but it faded to a light pink at the tips, and brown eyes. She had, what looked to be, white headphones and a short pink scarf around her neck, secured by a white clip. She wore a sleeveless, white, wrap around top with pink around the edges. On her left arm, she had a sleeve which reached up to her elbow, with an identical design to the top, with a music note patterned at the bottom. On her right arm, her sleeve also had the same design, and it only covered her wrist.

She wore a blue skirt, and when she turned around, I saw a white bag tied to her waist, with pink edges, and long pink straps which extended down past her knees. She had white shoes, with pink soles, and blue cloth encircled her ankles.

She looked up and saw me, and her mouth dropped open. She regarded me with a mixture of shock, sadness and fear. She walked to Maryann and said, "Who plays this Vocaloid?!"

"Mia Gale. Why do you want to know?" she replied.

"Um, no reason," she replied, shock plastered all over her face.

I looked to her in confusion, before I decided to head back home. She locked eyes with me before the light engulfed me, and the look on her face was burned into my memory as I went home. She had tears in her eyes, and seemed to look at me like we knew each other.

I sat up from where I was lying in bed, and began to think of her. Her Vocaloid's hair and eyes . . . were exactly like mine, and she seemed very curious about who I was.

I dwelled on her for the rest of the day, but she never turned up to the Vocaloid World that night, so I decided to put her out of my mind.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A/N So I wanted to write a chapter where the Vocaloid Actors filmed a PV for the game. The filming section was a lot shorter than I expected, so I decided to have Mia meet the Vocaloid Actor for Kokone, which will be important for the third story.