Prologue Part 3

~flashback

"Happy Birthday, Mia!"

I wake in shock, before remembering it was my birthday. I looked up at my visitors. Mum, Dad and Rachel . . . wearing party hats?

"Thanks," I say, yawning before sitting up in bed. Mum hands me breakfast, which is just my usual Nutella on toast, while Dad and Rachel place presents on the end of my bed. There's quite a large pile. A perk of turning 16, I guess.

I take a piece of toast, and notice them watching me. I look for anything in the toast that could surprise me, but there's nothing. I guess they are going to wait for me to eat breakfast so they can watch me open my presents. I get a mischievous idea. I will eat as slow as possible, just to annoy them.

I take each bite and chew them as much as possible to lengthen my eating time. I see Rachel starting to force her smile, her right eye twitching. Mum and Dad's smiles have disappeared and they are looking quite bored. I decide to stop torturing them and start eating normally. I send a Mind-Message to Rachel.

Me: 'Sorry, I just wanted to annoy you and my parents so I decided to eat as slow as possible.' 

Rachel: 'I can't believe you!'

I open my eyes and smirk at Rachel as I take my last bite. I chew a couple times and swallow. When my parents see I have finished eating, they take my plate and start passing presents to me. The first two are book-shaped and are wrapped in red paper. I could tell they were from Rachel before I read the tag.

I unwrap them and see two books. They both have Miku on the cover. I look at them closely and realise they're mangas. The first one is titled Hatsune Mix, and the second one is titled Mikubon. I start to flip through them, before being interrupted by my parents.

"Can you please read them after opening the rest of your presents," my Mum asks. I nod my head somewhat reluctantly. They pass me the rest of presents and I unwrap them. I get various clothes and annuals, and a couple of games I have been asking for my 3DS. Finally there was one present left, which was slightly bigger than the rest.

I take this one with some excitement. This is my main present, no doubt. I unwrap it, only to see the bottom of a white box. I turn the box over, gently, not wanting to damage what was inside. I see the picture of what was inside, and scream in delight, while dropping the box on my bed.

It's a new laptop. I broke my old one six months ago, and have been using my tablet. It worked okay, but it was very slow and didn't have the same capabilities.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" I cry as I hug my parents. They pull away. Dad straightens his glasses, revealing his Utauloid Actor band. And Mum tightens her hair as it got loosened slightly when I pulled her into the hug.

"We thought you would like it," they say, before Dad takes the box. "I just need to set it up before you can use it."

"That's okay," I said, preparing to pass time by reading my new mangas. "Thanks Rachel, where did you find these?"

"I saw them in Waterstones, and immediately thought to buy them," Rachel said.

"Waterstones?!" I said, before relieving another memory. Just before I found my band, I did my work experience in Waterstones as I loved books ever since I started nursery. I remember writing a review for a graphic novel and when I went to stick it in front of the book, I saw one manga on display.

I looked closer because the figure looked really familiar. (A/N This actually happened, here's the cover:)

 (A/N This actually happened, here's the cover:)