Chapter 15

"Are those all the photos done?" Rachel asked, looking longingly towards the entrance.

"Yes, you may make your way in!" the teacher said, before calling another group of students for photos.

So the three of us, me, Rachel and Racquelle, walked through the entrance. We were to reach the room by climbing a flight of stairs. In heels! I grab the banister and slowly climb the stairs, cursing my heels under my breath. I reach the top and was blown away from the room, that I could now see into.

Multiple tables were set out, with sets of balloons sat in the centers. Confetti littered the tables, and these drinks were set at each place. I dragged Rachel and Racquelle to a corner table and grabbed places before anybody else could.

"Wonder what these are?" Rachel asked, picking up the glass and looking at the multicoloured liquid inside. Now, that I had a proper look at the glasses, I could also see something around the rim.

"Only one way to find out!" Racquelle said, before picking up her own glass. "Cheers!"

Both me and Rachel tapped our glasses with hers and said "Cheers!" as well. I took a drink and realised it was multiple fruit juices mixed together. Also the stuff around the rim seemed to be coloured sugar. It tasted amazing!

"Wow! This is good!" I said, before taking another gulp.

"No kidding!" Racquelle said, picking some sugar off the rim before licking it off her fingers.

"Attention, everyone!" a loud voice announced, and as I looked up I realised everyone had filed into the room, and were sitting at the other tables. A teacher was at the DJ's desk, holding the microphone. "We would like to announce a couple of things before prom starts! Number one, a voting card for Prom King and Queen is in front of each of you, please fill this in and put it in this box. They will be announced at the end of the night. Second, the photobooth and professional photographer are positioned by the windows for your use. Third, you may order non-alcoholic drinks at the bar on the left side. I believe that is it, so let's get the prom started."

A loud cheer erupted as she finished her speech, and I pulled Rachel and Racquelle to their feet. "Come on, let's get photos! Before a line forms!" I took off my heels and ran to the backdrop, heels in my left hand, trying hard not to stumble on my skirt. They followed close behind.

"How many photos?" the photographer asked.

"I want two, one of me and my friends and one of just me," I requested, money in hand.

"Same for us," Rachel and Racquelle said.

"£45 please!" he asked, and we paid £15 each.

We took our individual shots first, which were printed, slotted into temporary frames and given to us.

We then took our group photo. Racquelle stood in the middle, as she was the tallest, while me and Rachel stood on either side, as we were slightly shorter. We all had our arms around each other. Three copies were printed and we received one each.

We made our way back to our table, obsessing over the photos, which looked amazing. I then picked up the voting card, and took a pen. When I made sure the other two weren't watching I voted Rachel as Prom Queen, and an acquaintance as Prom King, before I dropped my vote into the box. The other two did the same. Hmm, I wonder who they voted for.

We chatted for a bit before the song changed to 'Dancing Queen'.

"Hey, you two, let's dance! I love this song!" I said, tugging at Rachel's arm, who stayed firmly put.

"No, I don't want to!" she protested, pulling back.

"You're going on the dance floor tonight! Come on!" I said, tugging even harder, before her arm slipped out my grip, and I stumbled backwards. I grabbed a chair to stop myself from falling, only to pull it down with me. With a loud crash, I landed on the floor, the chair landing hard on my arm.