Chapter 16

I curled my legs and tucked them under me as I settled to watch a film. I decided to have a chill day as Rachel was on vacation with Louis and all my other friends had plans. I took my drink and took a sip as the ads played. I was sat in my pyjamas, my hair rumpled and looking generally worse for the wear.

I decided to watch a sad film that always made me cry, and as a result, I was sniffling before it even started. My Mum was at work and Dad was still in bed, still weak from his injury, but now able to walk around. No doubt I will have to make him lunch. 

The sun was blazing outside and to stop my room from overheating, I had my window open. A light breeze kept blowing in and cooling my skin. I smoothed the crinkled sheets, remembering how it has been too hot for me to sleep under the covers like I usually do.

I messed with my band, thinking that after this film, I should pay the Vocaloid World a visit. I haven't gone in ages. I have been so busy this summer, and passing out as soon as my head hits my pillow, totally forgetting to grab my band to send myself there.

I heard a slight yelp from my Dad's room, and paused my film to check on him. He's probably in pain as he hasn't taken his painkillers today.

As my feet touched my red carpet I received a Mind-Message from Teresa.

Teresa: 'Mia, I need help! I sent a Mind-Message to your Dad, before I remembered his injury!'

Me: 'Woah, slow down! What happened?'

Teresa: 'Let me say, I'm trapped, per se! My tail is tangled in a net, and I can't pull free!'

Me: 'Two things. Where are you? How did this happen?'

Teresa: 'Long story short, I was swimming in the shoreline by your town and got caught in nets in the water!'

Me: 'You must have got caught in the shrimp nets! Be right there, as soon as I tell Dad where I have gone!'

I sighed, before walking to the bedroom. I gently pushed the door open, to see Dad looking considerably panicked.

"Relax, Dad! Teresa got caught in the shrimp nets around our shoreline. I going to head out and help her!" I reassured him. "Grab some crisps or something if you get hungry."

"Okay, Mia! Be careful!" he warned me, before he lay back down, and dropped back off to sleep.

I watched him for a couple of minutes before I went into Vocaloid Form, revealed my wings and left through the back door. I flew up and did a brief search of the shoreline from above, but I couldn't see her, so I need to search the water itself. I flipped over and dived into the water, switching into my tail in the progress down.

I held my breath as my gills emerged before I was able to breathe freely. I took my band and placed it on a nearby rock to dry. Hopefully the waves don't come over the rock. I ducked back under the water before someone saw me. My scales glittered in the sunlight as I beat my tail up and down, looking for the twin-drilled idol, or her bright red tail.

I see many fish and other sea-life but I can't capture a glance of her. I swim up, before I drag myself onto a rock where I began to think. Where could Teresa be? She said she was swimming by my town, and I figured out she was trapped in the shrimp nets. An idea jumped into my head as I dived back into the water with a big splash.

I swim south, towards the next town over. Just like my town, they are famous for their shrimps. I keep an eye for the nets to prevent myself from becoming another victim. I stop suddenly, my tail propelling forwards so I could swim backwards to avoid the first net. Luckily, I can swim above them.