13| Mission: Survive High School

The second you walked into your first period class, you almost immediately walked out. You had forgotten how hellish an actual school was but the moment your foot stepped into the classroom, you prayed the grim reaper could take you away. I should just hand myself in. A high security prison sounds more enjoyable then this.

Peter, who was holding your backpack due to your arm still being in a sling supporting a broken shoulder, almost ran into as you had turned around to walk out. "Stay, it'll just be worst if you leave now," Peter tried to reason. You huffed out of annoyance but listened anyways. This was a mission. You had no choice but to stay.

"Do you think anyone would notice if I yeeted myself out the window?" You asked Peter once you got to an unoccupied desk. He looked at you questionably.

"I'm positive it would be fairly noticeable," Peter sat in the desk next to yours, "but it's worth a try."

"Imma do it. Just you wait." A small laugh escaped the both of your lips. "Are the twins in any of your classes?"

Students were slowly trickling in. The teacher had yet to arrive, but according to Peter they normally walked in five minutes before the bell would ring. You could feel the eyes of everyone that entered the room glance at you. What else would you expect with being the new kid?

Peter was twiddling with his pencil between his fingers. "Not that I know of. Maybe. I should probably start paying attention to who's in all my classes now."

"You better, Parker. It's kinda part of the job." He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Whatever, (L/N)."

Your first class, AP physics, went by smoothly. Considering it was your first day, you didn't have to do as much work as everyone else. You left the class six minutes early with Peter in tow who once again carried your bag to your next class.

The two of you didn't have this class together. You had Econ next while Peter's next one, English, was on the opposite side of the school. The next time you two would see each other for a full period was study hall and lunch. Hopefully one of you would spot either Devin Torres or Jess Torres or both.

In Econ, Ned happened to be in your class, so it made the torturous period much more enjoyable. "What's it like being a wanted criminal?" Ned whispered to you.

Your eyes told him to shut up. "Ned!" you hissed. "Stop asking me all these questions. Someone might be listening." Ned, however, did not stop.

"Captain America with or without a beard?"

"Ned!"

"Why does Thor's right eye look off?"

"That's a tad bit insensitive."

"But why-"

"His evil sister Hela slashed it out, ok! It's a fake."

"Did Thor really see the Hulk's di-"

"Ned, stop! I'm beginning you!"

Not once did Ned stop. Even when the teacher had told Ned to be quiet, he continued to pester you with questions. Though you were annoyed, you couldn't wipe the smile off your face. Ned just had that effect. Unfortunately, though, neither Devin nor Jess were in your class.

When there was only six more minutes till the bell rang, Peter appeared at your classroom's door. Not only was he your personal bag holder (human coat hook?), he had been tasked with bringing you to each of your classes since you didn't have a clue on Midtown's layout. It was mutually beneficial. You both had a friend to walk with, both of you got to leave class early, and you two could discuss any developments on your mission.