Chapter 1

Another day of living is another day of hell for a girl named Abigail James. Abigail, Abby for short, is a typical girl for the most part. As she grew up, she was bullied in school for her short stature and chubby body. She was called names by the kids at school, pushed around, and never really had many friends. Her life at home wasn't much of an improvement, as her father was an emotionally damaged man who treated her like she was the mistake of the century. He didn't hit her often, but he screamed at her nearly every day. If she came home with anything lower than an A on a paper, he would yell at her about how she was just a dumbass failure. If she talked back he would tell her she had no right to speak like that to the man who raised her. Even if he was part of the reason she wanted to die most of the time.

As she grew older, once middle school hit, the ridiculing never ceased. It only seemed to increase. She never grew into her body type, so she continued to be known as the chubby short girl. She only had two friends, but that changed when they started getting bullied for being around her. She never had anybody. Even at home, her mother only stood by and watched her break down. She began to grow a hatred for life, once going as far to attempting, and failing, to kill herself. That only resulted in a beating from her father once she returned from the hospital. 

She felt as if her life was worth nothing to anybody. That's what lead to her running away when she was 16. In high school, the bullying continued up until about 11th grade. Her father, though, only grew more violent and neglectful. When she ran away, never once did anybody go looking for her. Not even the school. She ended up finding an apartment to stay in after being homeless for about two years, and she felt like her life was starting to look up. She had made enough money from the job she had to afford a phone and a home. She rekindled her relationship with her mother and tried contacting her father who generally ignored her. He still didn't care about her.

No matter how many times her father had hurt her, she felt she deserved it and just wanted him back. Her life was going good until she met a man named Jackson a month after living in her apartment, who later became her boyfriend. He seemed nice at the beginning but soon became abusive. Like her father, he verbally abused her for anything, every day she saw him. But afterward he would always cry and apologize, and that made it hard for her to break up with him, which is why she didn't. 

She thought that finally after moving from her parents home, she would be safe and happy. But that quickly changed after Jackson arrived. The thought that she would never be happy and safe solidified even more when she began having nightmares and being stalked.

She was slowly breaking, and she was convinced she would never be able to be fixed.