Chapter 16

Abby and Jeff walk down the road in silence and darkness filling the space around them. As they arrive at the house they were looking for, Jeff sends Abby to one side of the house to check for unlocked windows. After a moment they meet on the other side of the house and Jeff tells her he found a window. Jeff hoists her up into the window and he gets in after her. The two find themselves in the living room and make their way around the house in silence. They soon find themselves in a large bedroom with a man and a woman sleeping. 

Jeff mumbles for her to get the woman, and in about five seconds flat, there's blood splattered across the walls and Abby. She pounced the woman easily after having learned from Jeff, as Jeff next to her did the same. It was a mess of stabbing, screaming, and laughing that filled the house.

Abby felt her mentality break down to simply being happy. She was so happy. Happy to see the terror in the woman's eyes as she stabbed her in the stomach. The screaming she let out as she squirmed in an attempt to escape. The choking as the woman inhaled her own blood after Abby slit her throat.

All of it. It had Abby's blood pumping, heart racing, and a grin imprinted on her face. She didn't know what Jeff was doing, she didn't even see him. All she could think about was murdering the woman. 

As the woman stopped moving and making any noise, Abby slowly calmed down. She breathed heavily, a smile still on her face. She crawled off the woman who was left a pile of blood. Next to her, in the bed, the man laid with a smile cut into his face and his chest filled with stab wounds. Jeff stood beside her as they admired their work. Jeff turned to Abby, and she turned to face him.

"That was amazing, Abby. I've never trained someone who picked everything up so easily," he told her, a smile matching Abby's on his face.

"Thank you. You've made me good, Jeff. You've done all of this. I'm glad you're the one who trained me," she said. 

Jeff's eyes softened as he looked down at her and stepped closer. "Me too," he said gently. 

Jeff and Abby were leaning into each other slowly, words impossible at this moment. Even with the smell of blood and the bodies behind them, the two were absolutely insane and couldn't care less. They were about an inch away from each other when Abby pulled back, hearing a noise. Jeff perks up, asking what it was.

"Shit," she muttered. "The neighbors must have heard the bitch screaming."

Jeff could now hear the sirens she had and grit his teeth. "Alright, let's go then," he told her. He helped her out the window onto the back yard, and the two ran back to the house in silence.