Chapter 11

Abby wakes up slowly, feeling amazing. She'd felt like she'd had the best sleep in the entire world. She still felt tired, but her body felt like it was sinking into the bed and she felt like one with the mattress. She stares at the ceiling, thinking about what life would be life from now on. She was in a house full of murderers. Hell, she is a murderer. She felt good, though. Last night she had fun. They were all nice, and they all treated her like she was a normal person. To them, she probably is a normal person. 

She sits up and grabs her journal, scribbling down Entry #2. After she's done with that, she feels a sense of relief. Writing made her feel happy. Like she was sharing her thoughts with someone. She gets up and changes into different clothes, tossing the ones she was wearing on the floor, not really caring. She'd ask where she could clean them later. She heads out of her room and goes down the steps, and she can tell the others are already downstairs. She hears shots and sees BEN playing a shooting game. 

"What's up!" Toby greeted from the couch. She waved. 

"Jeff's outside training, go out when you're ready," BEN told her. She nodded and walked over to the front door. She felt slightly nervous. Not scared at all, just nervous. She didn't want to fail and disappoint Slenderman. Or Jeff. Now that she thought about it, definitely not Jeff. She considered him a friend after last night. 

She steps outside, and spots Jeff a little bit into the forest, throwing knives at a target pinned on a tree. She's thoroughly impressed when she sees multiple knives in the center of the target. She watches him toss one, and it lands directly in the center. "Hi," she greets, making her way over. 

Jeff turns around, facing her, and she hears a clanging in his pocket. Is his sweatshirt pocket filled with knives? She smiles at that thought. "You ready to practice?" Jeff asks. She notices a glint in his eyes. A slightly sadistic glint. That was probably why he had a reputation as a good murderer, she'd found out last night. He enjoyed it. 

She nods, and he tilts his sweatshirt pocket over, causing a pile of knives to fall out and onto the ground. "We're gonna start with hand to hand combat. That's the most important thing about killing. You could always lose your weapon, but you'll never lose your hands. Unless... I guess you might," he explains. She laughs a little bit. 

"I doubt I will," she says. He agrees and doesn't tell her when to start. He simply punches her in the stomach. She doubles over, groaning. 

"I'm not gonna go easy," he tells her. 

This is engrained in her mind as he busts her ass multiple times. The practice was pretty much only her falling from his hits, and then getting up in a defensive position only for the pattern to repeat. She slowly starts to gain her strength, occasionally landing punches on him. They generally don't seem to affect him, though.

She got tired of it when he punched her in the cheek and she fell to the grassy forest ground, groaning in pain. She gets up roughly, and he goes to hit her, but she retaliates. With all the strength she can muster, she punches him in the stomach while he goes to swing at her. She stumbles back, leaning over. She punches him in the face, causing him to fall back onto the ground as she had. She gets on top of him, straddling him. She wraps her hands around his neck and feels it flex under her fingers as she squeezes. Jeff grins up at her, not showing any signs of pain. "That was fucking amazing," he tells her, his voice more raspy and deep than usual. Probably from his throat being squeezed. "Now let me up so we can be done. You've got this down." She grins back at him, climbing off.

She gets up, dusting himself off, and tells her to head inside, and that he'll be in later. As she's walking away he pipes up, "good job today. That was better than my old trainees. You're already proving your ability." She smiles softly, proud of herself.