Chapter 18

"I wanna play!" Sally announces as she sat on the living room floor. Abby glanced over at her and back to the TV. "BEN!" she decided. "You're coming to play dolls with me. You to Abby!"

BEN let out a groan and Abby just stands up and follows behind BEN and Sally as they headed to Sally's room. Once they got in there, Sally made them sit down in front of her large dollhouse. Abby looked at it in shock. It was easily a few inches taller than Sally, and every room in the house had perfect details. The paintings had frames with textures, the couches were fuzzy and had separate cushions, even the beds were like real beds. It was like a perfect replica of a normal house, just smaller. 

"Where did you get all this?" Abby asked. 

Sally shrugged nonchalantly. "Slendy usually just brings me things to add to it. Every time someone joins I get a doll that looks like them too!" she said, smiling. She held a doll out to Abby and it looked just like her. Down to the eyes, hair, and clothes. How could someone even do that?

BEN leaned over and grabbed two dolls out of the box. He handed one to Sally and kept one for himself. BEN looked down at his doll and scowled. "Who put this dress on my doll?" he asked. He had a doll that looked exactly like him too, except it had on a bright pink fairy dress with wings and all. Abby started laughing looking at it. 

"Jeff, he was up here with me the other day," she giggled. BEN rolled his eyes and changed the doll's outfit before they started playing. Sally just had her doll talk to the others and BEN and Abby played along. Sure, it wasn't much fun for her, but Sally was a kid, and she'd do anything to make her happy. 

After them playing for a while, BEN speaks up. "You know Jeff likes you, right?" BEN asked. Abby looks up at him confused.

"Uh... yeah? We're friends," she responded. BEN nodded. 

"Mhm. But I mean he like likes you, Abby. To be honest I've never seen him so... sane with someone else. He's generally a dick to every person in existence and you just have to get used to it. He hates people," he explained casually. Abby still looked confused, a small disbelieving smile on her face. Jeff didn't like her, they were just friends. 

Sally grins and nodded eagerly. "Yeah! The only time he ever gets happy about a kill is when it's his own!" she agreed. 

Abby frowned and asked, "what?"

She realized everything, at that moment. How often Jeff asked her to hang out with him, how he always sat on the couch with her instead of anyone else, how much he dedicated his time to training her, how he told her his life story, and how he let her sleep in his room. He always got excited when she did something well, complimented her on everything, and how happy he was with her first kill. 

She realized that he might just like her back. Her feelings might be returned. She was overwhelmed with happiness and feelings. Did Jeff really like her back? Did she actually have a change? She smiled, but her thoughts were cut off by Sally. "Abby! Look!" she said, grinning. Abby looked up at her and Sally was holding up two dolls. One that looked like her, and one that looked like Jeff.

And she held them so they were kissing. Abby blushed and said, "oh my god, Sally."

She stood up, and announced she was going to go lie down and headed out of Sally's room.