5

Skye

"Chase?!" I gasped. There he was, sat on my bed, angel wings upon his shoulders. He nodded.

"I miss you." He smiled sweetly.

No. This isn't real is it? I'm imagining things. I'm going mad.

"Y-You're not real," I muttered. "You're not him. I'm going mad. All of this is getting to me."

"Skye,"

"No. I'm just so desperate to see him again that I'm imagining this. Imagining you. Chase is gone." I choked out.

"Skye, love,"

"No!" I snapped, tears running down my face. "Only he can call me that. You're not him. You're a stupid illusion! Why can I not be strong and accept that he's gone and I can never get him back! All I hear from adults is that I'll move on, I'll find someone else but I don't want anyone else! I want my Chasey back! Yes we were only young but we planned everything, every aspect of our future and I don't need anything else like I need that." I fell to my knees, sobs raking through my body. I felt arms wrapping around me as well as wings.

"And I want it too," I looked up and saw those hazel eyes glazed with tears.

"It's really you," I whispered. He nodded. "I'm so sorry, Chase." I buried my face in his chest as he rubbed my back and kissed my head, his wings surrounding us, shielding us from the world.

"Don't be sorry."

"But If I was faster at crossing the road or if you didn't push me..."

"I'd be where you are now. If not, worse."

"But,"

"Shh. Don't." He rocked me gently and pulled me onto his lap. I hadn't even noticed him carrying me back to my bed and sitting down.

"You're gonna have to go again soon aren't you?" I looked up. "This is the last chance I'll get to see you. I don't know how I'm going to cope Chasey. I don't know what to-" he cut me off by cupping my cheek in his hand and pulling me into a kiss. Just like always, just like the first, our lips moulded together perfectly, moving in harmony. I clung to his shirt, never wanting to let go again. We pulled away slowly. Chase looked at me and sighed, stroking my cheek and wiping my tears away with his thumb.

"Princess," I smiled slightly at the nickname. "You've been through so much, and you're tired. Just lay with me and sleep okay? I promise that I'll be with you when you wake up. Then I'll explain everything."

"But if my mum comes back-" he pressed a finger to my lips.

"Sleep. Then I'll explain." He said gently. He lay down and pulled me with him, my back to his chest and legs tangled together. The feathery white wings lay over us like a blanket, giving me warmth and a sense of security.

I was afraid to close my eyes.

I'm sure this is just a dream.

But if it was, I was gonna enjoy being with him.