7

Marshall

I smiled as I saw Skye approach us again at school. She looked like she'd slept and was even smiling a little. I looked closely at her right hand.

It looked like she was holding someone else's.

Poor girl. She's walking exactly how she did with Chase. Even down to the position of her hand.

That dumbass always thought he didn't deserve her. Boy were you wrong Chase.

"Hey." Everest smiled.

"Hi." Skye chirped. We made our way to the canteen as we didn't have a lesson for another hour. We just needed to chill and collect ourselves.

As Skye ate her breakfast that she'd brought in school, her hand stayed as it was, resting on the table. I glanced at Everest, she'd noticed it too and spoke up.

"Uhh... Skye?"

"Yeah." The blonde looked up from her chocolate chip waffles to us.

"Are you okay?"

"Well, I feel a little better than I did. Why?" See replied. I nodded to her hand. As her eyes fell on it, they widened in surprised she almost forced herself to put her hand back. But she didn't just clench her fist. It was like watching her let go of another's hand.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way Skye I was just wondering-"

"No." She cut me off. "I get it. It's fine." There was a weak smile on her face as she tried to reassure me.

Sweetie, of course, walked past at this moment, shoving herself into Skye and causing her to almost fall. Luckily she regained her balance. I watched the blonde's eyes move around then follow... something to an empty classroom.

What it was, I don't know, I didn't see anything.

"Be right back." She said, darting into the classroom.

"That was..." Everest started.

"Yeah..." I sighed. "Something's up. But I don't know what."