Guess what? This was allll a dream!

Weiss was screaming internally. How. On earth. Did Ruby think doing this was a good idea?! Weiss was currently standing next to dragon Ruby, who had some poor guy trapped under her paws. Front legs?? Claws?? Hands. There really was no proper way to say 'dragons front limb paws' was there?

[[Mission accomplished! We've saved Yang from dragon trackers!]] Ruby boasted proudly.

Weiss was going to tear her own face off. "Yes, we have. And now, what do we do with HIM." She said through gritted teeth as she pointed at the guy.

[[... Oh yeah. I guess I didn't think that far ahead?]] Ruby turned her head away from Weiss guiltily.

Weiss covered her face and groaned. "I'm not ready to become a murdererrrrrrr...!" The guy struggled some more at hearing her say that. "Why haven't you knocked him out yet?!"

[[What? How would I even do that!? I'd probably kill him if I bopped his head! You humans are pretty fragile!]] Ruby snapped her jaws at Weiss. Weiss stood her ground and stared Ruby down.

"Fine, you're right. Just, let me talk to him for a minute. Move the claw off his mouth, ok?" Weiss asked. Ruby grumbled and looked away from Weiss again. She didn't move her claw. "Rubyyy!" Weiss scolded. "Hey! Look at me!" She walked around to face Ruby's head, but Ruby turned it the other way when Weiss came up to it. "Don't you turn your head away from me!" Weiss barked. "What's wrong?"

Ruby glanced at Weiss, and grumbled sadly. [[He was courting you...]] She said sullenly.

Courting? Weiss barely even registered what Ruby was implying, but she quickly denied it. "Ruby, I don't think he was trying to–"

[[He was! I could sense it! And it's not fair for him to try and court you when I got here first!]] Ruby squawked some sort of angry sounding sound.

"Ok, ok. Well, I won't listen to him if he does it again. Ok? I want to talk to him to see if I can get him to keep quiet about YOU. Is that alright?" Weiss folded her arms and raised an eyebrow.

Ruby made a low rumbling sound again, but lifted her one claw off the guys mouth. He didn't make a sound. "Hi." Weiss said. She bent down, and stared him in the eyes. She started saying whatever came to mind. "This, isn't real. You're dreaming. You got mugged in the forest and bandits stole your dragon scale. I am a figment of your imagination. Got it?" Weiss said in a slightly threatening tone. The guy opened his mouth to speak, but seemed hesitant. "Go on." Weiss encouraged.

"... Are you a legendary dragon tamer?" He asked, his voice hoarse.

"Uh. Yes. I am, in fact that. Dragon tamer. Definitely. A DREAM dragon tamer, since none of this is real." Weiss hoped that he'd buy the whole 'this is a dream' thing.

"How did you do it? Become a dragon tamer? In all the stories, the dragon tamers just appear out of nowhere and then vanish without a trace. I've always wanted... To become one..." The guy was beginning to calm down. Looked like he was starting to buy the dream thing. If this was a dream, he had no reason to be afraid, right?

Weiss looked at the sulking Ruby, and held in a laugh. "It wasn't really my choice, to be honest. It was hers." The guy nodded.

"... Are you going to kill me." He asked, more like said, in monotone.

"No. And that doesn't matter anyways, seeing how this is a dream!" Weiss was sticking with the dream thing.

The guy squinted at her. "Is it though?"

"Yes."

"Is it?" His gaze was almost screaming the phrase 'I wasn't born yesterday you know'. Shoot. Well, this was a pickle. They really needed to convince this guy he truly was dreaming, or Ruby and Weiss would be screwed. No way the same dude that was bragging about a dragon scale to the whole CITY wouldn't talk about how he met a 'dragon tamer' in the forest. What to do, what to do...