Therapy

The days go by and things start to feel back to normal again. The only change would be mom's and their over-protectiveness, but you don't blame them. They have the right to worry about there daughter who was kidnapped by her biological brother.

You were supposed to be starting therapy later today and to be honest you weren't sure what to think. You knew that it might help, but that doesn't mean you wanted to do it.

You didn't see how talking to someone was going to help but it worked for other people so why wouldn't it work for you.

It was Saturday and you did not want to get out of bed. Your bed was your safe place; no one could hurt you there. Eventually, you decide that it waa time to get up and head downstairs.

You rummage through the cabinets looking for cereal or poptarts or anything for breakfast that didn't take much effort to make.

After further rummaging through the kitchen you ended up just grabbing an apple. You went out to the living room and scrolled through your phone to pass time.

Skip to therapy session

"So, tell me about yourself." The therapist said.

"Well, what do you want to know?" You asked nervously.

"Anything." She responded. You sat there thinking of what to say before she spoke up again. "I get it. You don't know me, and it can be hard opening up to a stranger. Look, we have about forty-five minutes, what if I told you a little about myself, then we won't be strangers anymore."

You nodded. "Okay."

"Okay, let's see. I'm forty five, married with two kids. I went to Berkley, originally majored in pediatric medicine but ended up switching early on. I love karaoke, dogs, spending time with my family, and my favorite food is sushi which is also the name of one of my dogs." She smiled.

She had then asked you if you if you were ready and you gave her a nod. "I love volleyball, I'm fourteen, and I also love my family. I like to dance, especially with my sister, and I love my friends."

"Tell me about your friends." She said.

"Okay, well there's Conner. We've been friends forever. I remember when we were younger, the three of us were always together, literally everyday."

"Three of you?" She questioned.

"Conner, Hannah, and I..."

"Hannah's also your friend?"

"My best friend. Hannah has always been there for me, until she wasn't." You explained.

"What happened?" She asked.

You stared at her for a moment before explaining what had happened with Hannah.

"That must have been hard for you." She said.

"It was. It is. They say she could wake up any day now." You say.

"Tell me about your brother." She said.

"Which one? I have two-three if you count Jude." You say.

"James." She said.

You sat there taken aback on how the conversation turned. "J-James is not my brother. I didn't know him." You say.

"He was your biological brother, yes?" She asked.

"Yeah. He was the man that shared the same blood as me. He was the man that was created by the same two people who had given me away, but he is-was not my brother." You say now teary eyed.