P E T E R

It was awfully quiet.

Where were the Boys at this early hour?

The boy frowned. There was something wrong today on the island.

He walked across the shore, the footprints he left on sand being washed away by the serene waves in an instant. The vast forest stood to his left, the sea to his right. He never picked up the pace, but instead enjoyed the tranquility the loneliness had to offer.

It was so familiar to him.

A sharp pain in his chest made him freeze on the spot; he gritted his teeth, refusing to let out any sound of pain. It was getting worse and worse. Apparently his time on the real world had an effect on his current condition. He could not stay for too long there, something very frustrating because it held back his plans.

He did not have the luxury to waste time.

Even though time on Neverland had stopped long time ago, it seemed that for him, well, it was only catching up.

"Pan?"

The familiar voice of his associate traveled to the boy's ears, only to realize he was standing just a few feet away. The unbearable heart ache finally subsided, his breaths coming out short and quick.

"It happened again?"

"It only gets worse, Felix," the boy breathed, looking up to meet the blond's eyes, "I don't have much time."

Felix gripped the long stick in his hand, while clenching his jaw. He could have never expected to see Peter Pan losing his strength little by little lately, but since he never really told Felix what was really happening to him, he could only but guess what his old friend was keeping a secret.

"Just screw that damn girl. Find another Lost Soul. One that will suffice your–"

"It has to be her!"

The boy's yell made everything go silent. Even the birds in the dangerous woods seemed to be scared of his wrath, their melodious singing ceasing at once.

"It has to be her," he repeated in his normal voice, "Because she has the Soul that I need. I need her Soul, Felix. I need hers in order to keep mine."

The taller one frowned. There was no point in opposing him, for he stood no chance of changing Pan's mind.

"Well you seem to waste your time there. After a week, you finally go back and you still can't persuade her. Why don't you just bring her here by force?"

"It doesn't work like that and you know it."

Felix pursed his lips. He felt frustrated. This was a dead end.

"You can't let the others see you like that, Pan. If they notice that you're getting weaker, they'll understand something is wrong–"

"Enough!"

There he went again.

The green-eyed boy's voice echoed throughout the entire land, the ground beneath them shaking at his will. Felix was aware of his boundless power, but he had stayed long enough here to see that things in Neverland were changing. And he did not wish to see his forever home crumble down, along with his king.

The boy turned away. His eyes were locked on the sea, looking distant and unfeeling. He never shared his thoughts with anyone, not even with his first Lost Boy.

The tall one looked down at the waves brushing the tip of his boots. Peter was afraid. That much he understood. But of what? All he could see was that Pan was losing control lately, but whenever Felix asked him what was wrong, the boy would answer that he was running out of time. Pan said that was the reason why he was searching for more Lost Souls. And when he finally found one after so long, Felix was shocked to hear that it belonged to a girl.

A girl.

It's almost like history is going to repeat itself.

"Felix."

He looked up. The boy was still staring at the endless sea, with hands clasped behind his back and a dark expression on his face.

"She knew about Wendy Darling."

Felix's eyes slightly widened at the the information. It had been so long since he had last heard of that name, that cursed name. He would have never thought there would come a time when Peter would say it out loud again, after prohibiting everyone to mention her again.

"I'm not going to do the same mistake I did with her."

He didn't have to explain. Felix was aware of what he was talking about.

"Then what are you going to do now?"

Finally, he looked his way. And there he saw the menacing gleam in the boy's eyes and a confident grin on his lips, a look so befitting for someone like Peter Pan.

"I struck a deal with her. Poor girl did not know that you should never make a deal with Peter Pan."

"Then it's settled," Felix cockily smiled.

It was indeed.

Peter let his gaze wander around the island. It must work. He had to succeed.

There was no other choice, no other solution.

The Heart of a Lost Soul.

That's what he needed.

That's why he would win.

Because, after all, he never failed.