P E T E R

Ellie. How cute you look when you are so panicked.

Like the little clueless lamb running away from the wily fox.

The boy bit the side of his tongue softly, barely keeping his satisfaction from appearing on his face. He could indeed keep watching her run around, so determined and apprehensive, desperate to win a losing game against him.

So hopeless, yet so fun.

Granted, he was impressed with her skillful escape to the upper floor, despite his efforts to stop her. She wanted to get to her room? Hm. What made her think she would be safe there, though? Of course, he was yet to take action. He enjoyed watching her anticipate his next step, while not knowing when would that be.

At this point, the whole household was in distress. Elise's disappearance had heavily caused mayhem to the entire household; even the garden was not safe anymore, since every once in a while someone would appear and run around like a madman, calling out her name.

Taking the long way around in the garden, the boy leisurely idled under the raindrops among his familiar green surroundings; he had no idea really how she could live inside that place. Whenever he had to come visit, he always felt asphyxiated by these walls and heavy furniture. Indeed, life in Neverland was far more liberating than any of this artificial luxury.

Time was ticking, for both him and Ellie. Although before catching up with her, he first had to take care of something of utmost importance.

The boy ceased in front of the now locked window, narrowing his eyes. The seekers here were really doing a great job. The boy smirked and, placing his hand on the cool glass, the once shut window flew open, giving him again access to the library.

Jumping inside, Peter meticulously observed the chaotic room while roughly shaking the rain droplets off of his hair with the help of his hand. Glancing at the doors, he noticed that they were left open, indicating that people were coming in and out constantly of this room. He had to be brief, then.

With another flick of his hand, the double doors closed, the sound of the lock clicking making his lips curve up into a grin. Perfect. Finally, some peace.

"Now, where is it..."

His eyes went over the abundant amount of books scattered all over the floor, while being careful not to step on any of them. The Neverland book must have been still here, somewhere. Elise would not dare to move it, frightened of the idea of being discovered by someone else in the household.

Some pages of these old books had already teared apart and were beyond fixation, or readable to say the least. The pages had been clearly stepped over from before, due to everyone's panic over Elise's disappearance.

He couldn't help but smile at the image of her looking infuriated by their current state.

And just then, his eyes happened to catch a glimpse of that purple colour, so vibrant and distinct from the rest. It rested under the piano bench, looking completely unscathed.

The boy bent down, resting his elbows on his knees as he grabbed the book. Flipping through its pages, he was greatly displeased to find his worst fear coming true.

Chapter 1

The journey of
a dismantled Heart

Have you ever heard of a way to save a Heart? It is rather disheartening, you see.

There are three little secrets you'll have to know, for that is no common or safe task.