Chapter 16 An Unwelcome guest! Death brandishes his Death Scythe!

A/N: SORRY FOR THE DELAY!!!!! Spring break has been a blessing, and the weather outside has been great, so I've been making the most of it before I go back to College on Monday.

Here is the next chapter!!!!
---------------------------------------------

For a moment in our story, we are switching gears and focusing our point of view to Kid, who is now worrying silently over Lorranna, praying that she and Professor Maria and Crona managed to bring Stein back from madness and defeat Medusa.

He stood in the Death room with his father, Spirit, Excalibur and his own two weapons as they watched Black Star's battle against the swordsman, Mifune, who protected the Witch Angela Leon as hers and Mosquito's bodyguard.

Needless to say, Kid was actually impressed with Black Star's true strength, remembering back to the first day the two had met. Before, Kid had thought Black Star to only be a complete fool who had no skill as an actual successful Shadow Weapon Meister, but as he watched him fight toe-to-toe with the greatest Swordsman in the world, his opinion changed in favor..... Now if only he would change his clothes into something more symmetrical!

Upon Black Star's battle ending, Kid was given a brief moment of thought before... something managed to break into his Father's sanctuary, causing a small dust cloud to form where the figure landed.

He had been at a loss how someone could've broke into the Death Room, but his father seemed to know who it was. "Kid. I want you to go with Azusa and keep your head down." Death told to his son in a hushed manner, his face turning serious for a brief moment before returning to its cartoonish form.

Nodding silently at his Father's command he did as he was told, hiding with his weapons behind a piece of the platform as he watched his Father take a hold of his Death Scythe and walk off to where the intruder was.

"We meet again, Asura" he heard his Father say. Asura?! As in the Kishin?! How did he get in!?!?

Glancing over at Azusa, he noticed how tense she was, and he could not blame her. His father, Lord Death, was in full gear to fight against the Kishin Asura, who had been sealed under the school for hundreds of years.

Both his Father and the Kishin spoke back and forth calmly, speaking of the past and such, until their soul wavelengths suddenly expanded until they overlapped each others. They were not even fighting yet, but the wind off their souls caused dust to fly into the air, similar to the wind of a small tornado. Finally, as their souls prepared to do battle, the fight commenced.

Asura's mouth widened until he brandished his weapon that he had long ago swallowed to gain power, firing an intense beam of energy that his father seemed to take into himself before attacking himself.

Sending attack after attack, his Father finally landed a blow, only for it to be a smoke screen as the real Kishin stood above and fired a large attack, threatening to crush Death under it were it not for his strength to repel it with his own shield.

Back and forth, the God-like beings did battle, taking their time in between to talk to one another while turning the landscape around them into a war zone. But watching the two Gods in complete and utter awe did not stop Kid from thinking of Lorranna again and pray she was alright despite his current situation in the midst of this chaos. For this battle was incredible and horrifying at the same time.

Suddenly, just as the fight seemed to have been decided to be finished, Asura aimed his deadly attack towards where Kid and Azusa stood as they watched the fight progress and fired his weapon.

In a split second of a moment, Kid shut his eyes in fear, believing that he would die; Azusa held onto Kid hoping to protect him from the hot red beam of energy. As quickly as that moment came, however, Kid never felt the blow come. Confused, Kid opened his eyes, widening in shock at what he saw.

A small hole in the wall had formed from the beam of energy and fragments of the wall laid scattered across the ground, but it was what else he saw that truly shocked him. His Father's body stood in front of him, a gaping hole in his side where Asura's attack had touched him when Death used his body as a shield.

Kid barely heard Excalibur's voice as the weapon spoke to Asura as he took in his Father's fallen form; he had no idea where Spirit was or what condition he was in himself. Hopefully he was alright, knowing Maka would grieve terribly over her father even though their relationship was not as close as Lorranna's and her father.

Suddenly, Asura cried out painfully. "N-Not good...This is not good...." he muttered under his breath, holding his hands to his head as if trying to sooth a headache while his body twisted into itself. "I need to repair myself immediately... At this rate, I'll be...I have no time to waste!" and with that, the Kishin rushed out of the hole that he had come from, flying off into the distance towards Arachne's fortress.

The towering fortress stood just outside the protective layer of Death City, and Kid had a bad feeling about what was to come next...

----------------------------------------------

A/N: DUN DUN DUN!!! Oh no! Death is hurt after shielding his son!! Plus there's the matter of Asura, who is right outside. What will happen?...

Find out next chapter!!! Yeah I know I suck, but you know how it is...

Read. Like. AND WRITE A COMMENT MY PRETTIES!!!

Ignore that last comment, but please comment...