Chapter 19 Asura's final form! When will this nightmare end?!

A/N: Another chapter after three days!? That's what you're thinking probably, but I REALLY wanted to publish this while I could before some heavy weather hit us in AR. Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------

Lorranna's eyes widened as Black Star charged at Asura, and was not really that surprised when the blue-haired boy got deflected. However, Asura then turned his crazed glare on her and Kid, and she instinctively ducked down and covered her love's body with her own.

What she didn't realize, however, was that her soul was reacting to her innermost desire: to protect the one she loved.

A glowing sphere of Soul Resonance energy flared up around them as Asura's attack was deflected off of the shield, causing the Kishin to look confused.

"How is this possible?" he questioned in a guttural voice, eyes narrowed, "Nothing could withstand my attack... Nothing!"

Then, Black Star attacked again, but Asura blasted him into a nearby pile of rubble, knocking the boy out, and causing his now-unconscious weapon to transform back into her human form.

Far across where the battle continued against the Kishin soul, Maka finally woke up from freeing Soul from the infectious madness that laid within him.

"We're back..." she said quietly, still holding Soul close to her.

"Ahh.. thanks to you.." Soul replied, standing up as he assisted Maka to do the same.

The Meister-Weapon pair looked out at the scene in front of them, Soul slightly surprised at what had happened when he was out. Judging from the amount of rubble, something caused Lorranna to snap and go on a rampage.

"Where do you think Black Star, Kid, and Lorranna are?" Maka inquired, looking around as she reached out to sense them.

"Let's follow this path of rubble. I feel like we'll find them at the end of it." Soul replied as the two made their way through the destruction.

At the end of their path, Soul and Maka saw their friends, with only Lorranna still conscious as the others laid strewn about. Kid was in fact laying under Lorranna like a cub who was being protected by its mother from the Kishin that stood within feet of the pair, continuously attacking a large, green-yellow colored sphere that strangely resembled Lorranna herself even though no damage could be seen.

Knowing that within moments that the Kishin would attack them the moment he noticed their presence, Maka had Soul transform into his weapon form and called out to the Kishin.

"Hey! Stop attacking our friends, you weird naked guy! Have you any decency?!" At her taunt, the Kishin's head turned slowly to her, his gaze fixed in a deathly glare.

Swallowing deeply, Maka prepared herself for the fight of her life.