xx twenty xx

I couldn't be more glad that I was finally home and that the day was nearly over.

Ashton's words replayed in my mind like a broken record "I hope you understand that I won't stop loving you.", my heart dropped to my feet when these words left his mouth and I don't think it has quite sunk in yet. 

I knew this would happen, that he would get hurt, but I had no choice. He'll get over me, I know he will. He can get any girl he wants, he doesn't need me.

All I want right now is time to think and quite some time to relax. Of course my rest was disturbed when Noémi entered my room.

"Chuck, are you okay? You've been locked in here since we arrived home from the pool." She said.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Chuck, I know you, okay? And you are not fine. What happened?" Noémi sat on my bed next to where I was laying.

"I broke up with Ashton."

"Oh, Charlotte-" She tried to comfort me.

"Don't bother. It was best for both of us. At least, best for me. It's just that his words won't leave my thoughts. You know, he told me he would still love me and the spark he had in his eyes faded. I feel so awful for doing this. He doesn't deserve this. He was my best friend and I screwed it up." I started to tear up as I told her what was going through my mind.

"Chuck, look at me." She tilted my head upwards. "You are a good person and you did it because you couldn't pretend to love him more than a best friend. It will be hard, I admit, but, in the end, it was for the best."

"Thank you." I hugged her.

"No problem, ya know I'm always here for you. I won't bother your beauty sleep anymore. Good night, Chuck." She sat up.

"Good night, Noémi."

I don't know what I was dreaming about but I woke upside down, I had a weird dream, probably.

Today, me and Noémi had decided to practice our dances, or else, summer would leave us rusty.

I put on my dancing shoes but decided to wear a tight top and leggings instead of the usual ballet wear. I searched YouTube for the music when Noémi was finally ready.

Dancing is an escape from reality, there's no other way to describe it. Instead of focusing on your problems, you focus on how you should place your arm or point your feet, it's the best distraction and, for me, always has been.

Lunch time was here so we made a salad we saw on tv and it was delicious. Now all we had to do was decide what we were going to do in the afternoon.

"Mall?" Noémi suggested.

"Too many teens."

"Arcade?"

"You have to pay to play and it's not worth it."

"McLaren's?"

"Perfect but I don't want to be drunk at three p.m. so maybe we should go there later."

"How about we just walk around town for a while? Sometimes getting lost in your own city helps you find beautiful things."

"I guess it sounds fun."

We left our house at four p.m. because we always take too long getting ready, I pity the poor guys who will have to live with us.

We passed the studio, the mall, and all the streets that we were used to seeing but then we got to a place I've never been to.

Most houses were abandoned but there was one small building in perfect condition that had a store at the bottom. We entered it, making a bell ring, and we were greeted by a lady in her mid thirties.

"Hello, welcome to the store. If you need anything, I'll be by the counter." She smiled, her eyes widening in surprise when she took a good look at us. I don't think she was used to see young people around here.

"Thank you." Noémi replied.

The store was vintage with mostly second hand items but I loved most of the clothing. I almost felt like some could have belonged to a princess.

I found two beautiful dresses, one blood red and the other navy blue. I looked over to Noémi and saw that she had grabbed a handbag that could have been Chanel. I tried the dresses on and I absolutely loved the blood red one that fell right above my knees.

"You have good taste." A voice startled me. I turned around to see the lady who had first greeted us.

"Thanks."

"It belonged to a high class woman from New York in the mid sixties."

"Do you memorize all of the stories of your clothing?" I laughed.

"Only the ones from my family. That was my great aunt's favorite dress. I could never fit in it but it looks great on you so I'm happy it goes to a good person."

This lady sure was something, she was really nice to me and I couldn't have asked for more from a stranger.

Noémi fell in love with the handbag and I was in love with the dress but there was one problem, the price. Vintage stores are always pricey but I felt sad for not being able to buy this.

"Thanks so much for your help." I set the dress in a bench near the dressing room and start to leave the store.

"Wait, I thought you were getting the dress." The woman said.

"I love it, I really do, but it's a little bit out of my prince range. I'm sorry."

"You should have told me it was that. I'll make you a discount of 50% off, it's no problem. And to your friend too. I don't get many costumers here so I'll be more than glad to give you the discount, in a promise that you'll come back more often, if not to buy things, you can keep me company."

"Sounds great! Thank you so much."

I'm so sorry. I'm 90% sure that I'm going through an identity crisis and it freakin sucks so I've been doubting my capacities and procrastinating all of what I should actually be doing so writing has been on that procrastinating list and I'm so sorry because this is just a crappy filler. So yeah I love you guys so much, you have no idea. I literally just want to have an island I can fit you all in and have a massive group hug xx