xx| twenty one xx|- the end

(This is going to be in the third person btw)

Charlotte heard somebody knocking at her door at 11 a.m. She saw Michael on the other side and slowly opened the door.

"Can I come in? We need to talk." He spoke.

"Sure." She motioned him in and told him to sit on the couch.

"I heard you broke up with Ashton." Michael started.

"Yeah, it just... wasn't working for me."

"I'm sorry to hear that." He said, but a smirk was appearing on his face.

"I like you, Michael."  Charlotte looked into his eyes.

"I like you too." He replied, before gently cupping her face and crashing his lips into hers.

Their kiss went on quite heated for a while before they stopped to take in what had happened.

Charlotte looked at the ground but felt Michael staring at her. He slowly grabbed her hand and laced their fingers.

"I'm glad you broke up with Ashton." He smiled, a spark showing in his eyes.

"I had someone in my mind." She gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"Do you want to do something today?" He asked, he wouldn't mind staying at home all day cuddling with her but he taught that maybe she had other plans.

"Actually, there is somewhere we can go. Let me just change." Charlotte said, looking at her black pajamas.

She grabbed the blood red dress she had brought yesterday and paired it with a black fedora.

"You look cute." Michael's arms wrapped themselves around her waist.

"Thanks. We are going to the store where I brought this, actually. And before you say you are going against your will, we are not going to buy anything, we are just keeping the owner company." She told him and he got confused.

"Okay, whatever you want."

They got to the store and the owner, who had introduced herself as Evelyn, gave them a warm hug.

"I didn't think you'd actually come." She smiled, and started to get emotional, before composing herself and continuing, "Is this your boyfriend? It's really nice to meet you."

"You too. I'm Michael, but I'm not Charlotte's boyfriend yet."

"I heard that last word. Give her a bunch of roses and take her to a nice dinner, that's how my husband, Anthony, asked me to be his girlfriend. I've been with him from that day to the day he departed." She started crying and Charlotte did what she always used to do to comfort her own mother, she hugged her.

"Michael and I have a funny story of how we met in the first place." Charlotte changed the topic of the conversation, trying to cheer her up.

"Tell me, I've got time." Evelyn laughed.

And they started the tale, word by word, showing her their tattoos and telling her how much thy hated each other because of them.

"I still think my tattoo is awful. Who gets the words 'and back' tattooed on their back?!" Charlotte complained, clearly annoyed, but some part of her wanted the tattoo, it was a reminder of Michael and how they got together.

"C'mon, it's not that bad. Plus it's part of our history now. How would we be able to tell people our story? They would ask to see the tattoos and you would have nothing to show them." Michael responded.

"You two sound just like me and Anthony. And by your story, I know it's meant to be. Faith brought you together in that bar and it reconnected you so you could be where you are. The funny thing about true love is that, sometimes you can't see it, but your heart always feels it. He knows when you are with the wrong person and he knows when you find someone you're meant to be with." Evelyn spoke and Michael and Charlotte exchanged a look. They both knew they were meant to be together.

After spending the morning with Evelyn, they headed for lunch at Michael's house. He said he had some left over pizza slices, but he could make me a salad.

When they got there, Anne was on the couch with her tablet. She grinned at us and mumbled something Charlotte wasn't supposed to hear, to Michael, "You've finally grown some balls, I'm so happy.".

"I think that maybe your stupid ex cheating on you was the wake up call you needed to find someone better." She continued, this time louder so Charlotte would hear her too.

"Yeah, it's funny how our destiny has to give us some wake up calls so we can finally realize we were with the wrong person. Sometimes the wake up calls come unexpectedly, like a permanent scar on our bodies, other times they are just in front of us. Our tattoo might be the wake up call that brought us together, but it was the spark in your eyes, Charlotte, that made me wake up from reality and get into my deepest fantasies, and they maybe crazy or stupid, but all I need is you and me."

I felt like nobody cared about the story, and tbh I was starting to run out of ideas too so  yeah this is the last chapter, I might make an epilogue but I'm kinda happy of how this turned out. And it is my first ending so yeah, I hope you guys liked it, ILY and thanks for everything <3 xx