Because I knew you

For 1-800-its-pikachu
     Emma woke up to the sound of her phone ringing.  She tried to answer it, but missed the call. She looked concerned as she saw she had five missed calls from her friend Ben and five from her friend Josh. Emma immediately called Ben back hoping nothing was wrong.

"Emma thank god." Ben said from the other end of the line.

"Is everything okay? Are you hurt?" Emma asked worriedly.

"No, I'm fine." Ben said.

"Well there has to be a reason to why I had ten missed calls!" Emma said.

"Ben made me do it!" Josh yelled into Ben's phone.

"Care to tell me why?" Emma asked.

"I was wondering if you maybe wanted to hang out today." Ben said.

"As in like a date?" Emma asked.

"...Yes." Ben said timidly, "You don't have to say yes. I'll understand."

"Benjamin Tyler Cook. You called me ten times just to ask me out on a date." Emma said.

"He's very committed." Josh said.

"Josh shut up." Ben said.

"Of course I'll go out with you." Emma said.

"Really? Great I was thinking of maybe brunch in say an hour. Then I have a surprise." Ben said.

"Okay, see you then." Emma said hanging up.

She raced to her closet and got dressed in one of her favorite Spring outfits, put on make up and took the Subway to the address that Ben had sent her. Emma walked up Amy Ruth's in Harlem. She saw Ben waiting outside with a bouquet of red roses.

"Hi." Emma said.

"Hey, um these are for you." Ben said handing her the roses.

"Thank you, you didn't have to get me flowers." Emma said.

"Hey, I'm trying to be a gentleman." Ben said as Emma laughed.

"You're already a great guy Ben Cook." Emma said.

"Shall we?" Ben asked taking Emma's arm and leading her to their table inside.

"So do you know what you're doing after you leave Mean Girls?" Emma asked.

"I can't say, but you'll find out soon." Ben said.

"Oh come on. You can't tell me?" Emma asked.

"I swore to my contract." Ben said. "How about you any plans after college?"

"Well I'm studying Performing Arts, so hopefully some auditions will come up." Emma said.

"Wicked is actually looking for some member for the Ensemble and understudies for Elphaba and Glinda." Ben said. "I actually got you their number."

Emma took a sticky note from Ben, "I cannot tell you how grateful I am for this. Thank you so much."

Emma and Ben finished their brunch and proceed outside.

"I have another place I want to take you." Ben said.

"Ben you've already paid for brunch." Emma said.

"Please." Ben said.

Emma sighed, "Lead the way."

After taking the Subway to Manhattan, Ben lead Emma to the Gershwin theater.

"What are we doing here?" Emma asked.

"I wanted to see if we could score some tickets to tonight's show. Jeff said he'd hook us up."

"Hi can I help you?" the box office lady asked us.

"Ben Cook. I'm supposed to meet with someone." Ben said.

"Of course, up those stairs to the right." the lady said.

"Thank you so much." Ben said as Emma followed.

Emma and Ben walked into the house of the theater to see Jeff Heimbrook waiting for them.

"M'lady." Jeff said handing Emma an envelope.

"What's this?" Emma asked.

"Just open it." Ben said.

"We are excited to have you become apart of Wicked on Broadway as Glinda. You're debut begins in April." Emma read. "Oh my god. You got me the role!"

"Not just a role. One of the leads." Jeff said.

"Ben." Emma said, "Did you?"

"I may have sent them one of your audition tapes and they may have loved you and thought that you were perfect for the role of Glinda." Ben said.

"Oh my god, I love you." Emma squealed hugging Ben.

"I love you too." Ben said.

Emma's brown orbs locked into Ben's bright eyes. Ben closed the space between the two of them pressing his lips softly to Emma's.

"I'm.. I didn't." Ben said pulling away.

"Just for this moment." Emma said kissing Ben.

"Okay, my cue to leave." Jeff said walking off.

Emma hugged Ben as they laughed together.

I hope you liked it!