Home Sweet Home

+With Tom+

Tom was able to talk to June about the situation and the woman found it okay by standards. In certain situations like these, children tend to cling onto the people who save them for awhile. Maybe in a few days she'll let got with them and find herself waiting in the orphanage for a good family to take her in under the right conditions.

June gave him her card to call her when Tika felt ready to meet with child services for help. Finally she left after shaking hands with him and wishing him a good day.

Tom came back to group to find Tika once again hiding behind Tord. He sighs and comes to stand beside Jayden. "Alright Tika, you can stay with me for the time being."

The girl seemed to brighten up at the news and started moving towards Tom. But surprisingly, again, this time she tugged Tord to come along with her.

The Norwegian man follows along with her tug until he's face to face with Tom, both of them exchanging unamused expressions.

Tika held her arms up to Tom who gladly picks her up to carry. She snuggles her head on his shoulder affectionately.

"I guess we should get going. I need to put Tika to bed to get some rest before tomorrow." He said to his friends apologetically. He didn't mean for their plans to go astray. "Sorry about earlier guys, I promise I'll make it up to you two."

"No problem, Tom." Edd said smiling at him. He understood the situation was totally different from their usual adventures so he'll give it to Tom to be able to handle something like this. Tom's an officer of the law now after all. "We can always do something else another time."

"Yeah," Matt agrees with a grin. Now that they're all in contact again, they can plan for another day.

Tom looks to Jayden apologetically too. "Sorry about tonight Jay, hopefully we can hangout another time."

"Not a problem at all," Jay says waving his hands in front of him. "There's always next time." He looks between Tom and Tika and rests his hands to his sides. "Let me drive you and the little lady back home."

"Thanks." Tom gratefully appreciated his old partner for his kind actions. He turned to follow after Jayden when he was tugged back lightly. "What?"

He looks over his shoulder to find Tika holding onto the upper part of Tord's hoodie sleeve.

Gosh, this girl was surprising them so much today.

"Mr. D-evil c-co-me too?"

"Uh, hate to break it to you princess but I live with these two at another house." Tord tells her as he separates her hand from holding his hoodie sleeve. "I don't live with Witness here."

Tom could hear the girl sniff signaling she was about to cry. Tord, still holding her hand, tried to get her to calm down before she started balling tears.

Matt sighs and scratches the back of his head unsure how to help. Until he hears Edd beside him, snickering?

"I have an idea!" Edd pipes up looking mischievous for some reason unknown to his friend Matt who had noticed his odd behavior. "Tord actually drove us here with his car. So how about we do this, Jayden can drive me and Matt home while Tord drives Tika and Tom home."

That was actually a good idea in Tom's standards for a little bit, the small part he didn't like was the plan would involve having the Commie knowing his new address. Whatever, it would be easier for Tika to be with Tord a little longer he thought.

"If you guys are okay with the plan, I don't mind as much. I just don't want Tika here to cry the whole trip." He felt bad if he makes the girl cry. Tom wanted her happy and appreciating the comfort the safety.