Decisions

~+Later in the Night: Tom's Apartment+~

Late that night, after Tom tucks the kids into bed up in their room, he went back down stairs to recollect what happened the rest of the day.

He simply sat at the island table on a stool while he taps his finger against the marble counter top.

The first thing he thought about was Storm, the now known Prince of Norway. Currently, said Prince is upstairs in the bedroom with Tika and Tomi. Tom had invited him to stay over the night after hearing he would be returning to Norway tomorrow with his fiancé.

Tomi couldn't hide away his sad expression during the conversation. Tomi merely clung to Tom's dress shirt and hid his face from the prince. Tom could tell his younger cousin felt unsure of the prince now that everything had been explained.

As for Tika... Tom was unsure of what plans the future might hold for her. She could become a princess of her cousin's family accepted her over to live with them. On the other hand, she could be a normal girl and maybe live with him and Tomi if she has the choice to stay.

He runs his hand through his hair and shakes his head. Tom wonders how things will fair from here.

His fingers brush against paper that is something he needs to bring his attention to. His black eyes look at the pamphlet he had taken out a couple days ago about the surgical removal for the hanahaki disease.

Tom picks it up gives it a look over with thought.

"Maybe... Maybe I should start thinking about getting it removed."

A tired yawn escapes from him as he sets the pamphlet back down.

"I'll call Matt later to ask him about it."

~+Next Morning: Police Station+~

After getting the kids ready for the day and dropping them off near his friend's house, he headed straight for work.

He got a certain look from Torm before he left, so he pats the boy on the head after giving him a brief kiss on the forehead.

'Have faith, pave your own path.' Tom remembers whispering to him. He gave the child a hug and left him with his charges who pull him towards his friends's house.

Tom parked in the designated parking area and headed inside once he got out of the vehicle.

Surprising, upon entering the building, he got taken down by a fast force who tackled him to the floor.

"BLUE!!! It's here! The Devil is here!"

Tom failed pushing the person on him off so he stopped struggling and tilted his head up a bit to get a glimpse of familiar blond hair.

"Reggie?"

Black eyes met frightened blue ones.

"The Devil is here."

Tom heaves our a heavy sigh, who else could his coworker be talking about other that the one Devil he knew. The brunet paused for a second to rethink that thought.

Never mind, he knew two.

"Let me up Reggie. I'll go deal with him."

Reggie scrambled off his commanding captain to stand and help him off he floor. The blond walked behind Tom all the way back to their department.

Opening the door, he got another surprise seeing his friend Jayden and exflatmate Tord locked in a staring contest. Jayden smiles normally while Tord's smile looked somewhat strained.