We need to talk

+Morning: Tom's apartment+

Tom was he first to wake up to the sun's rays shining through his window. As much as he didn't want to get up, he had a job and a little girl to take care of.

He went to his private bathroom in his room and got dressed up for the day. A quick shower, brushing his teeth and such. Then he came out of the bathroom to change into his uniform for today.

White dress shirt with long sleeves, then his black pants, socks, and shoes. After those he attached the harnesses along the upper part of his body, hooking them in the proper places to keep still.

"Finally..." He mumbles to himself as he exits his room. Tom closes the door behind him before making his way downstairs to star making breakfast before waking Tika up for their first day.

Only to his surprise, she finds her down stairs sleeping comfortably on Tord's lap. Her upper body against Tord's, who didn't seem the least bothered by the light weight he's supporting.

A soft smile takes his lips before he leaves them be for now so he could make breakfast for them peacefully.

After preparing the ingredients, Tom has bacon cooking in a pan on the stove while he's making pancake batter. A couple of moments later, Tika takes in the smell of the bacon and pancake batter.

Her good eye opens a bit and bunks a few times to correct her vision. She slowly sits up, on of her hands on Tord's chest as she looks around confused.

She had been scared yesterday was just a dream, but the reality to waking up to her saviors made her day better. He young girl slips off Tord's lap carefully not to wake him up, even fixing the white blanket from last night back on his lap.

Tom noticed her presence coming over to him when he hears the soft pattering of her feet against the floor. He looks up from his mixing bowl to greet Tika with a friendly smile.

"Good morning, Tika. Did you sleep well?"

Tika looks up at her guardian and shyly nods with a small smile. She takes a couple steps closer to see what Tom's doing.

The man holds out the bowl to show her the pancake mix. "Want to help me make breakfast?"

"Yes." Her voice soft, the stutter finally going away. Tom practically beaming at the step forward with her healing vocals. She sounded sweet like an angel.

Tom set the bowl on the counter to go retrieve the wooden step stool for her to stand on. He sets it up next to his workstation and helps her take a step up on it so she's looking over the counter.

"Careful now, I don't want you falling back and hurting yourself."

She nods her head firmly and Tom places the bowl in front of her to mix. Tika takes the whisk and starts mixing the rough batter until it's good, we'll until Tom says its good.

Tom went to the pan cooking the bacon to check how it's doing, he make it turn a few times before placing them on a big plate. Then adding more uncooked bacon to the pan for cooking.

While they cooked, Tom turned on the radio to play some light music, the two sometimes making light conversation.

"Alright Tika, do you mind walking up the Commie? Then we can finally eat breakfast." Tom asks as he's placing the dirty dishes and pans into the sink.

Tika replies, "Okay." She hope off the two step stool. She leaves the kitchen part of the living room and goes to the sleeping devil on the arm chair. He didn't even seem to wake up once during the time with the music, cooking, or light chatter.