A Step Forward

~+Station: With Tom+~

"Blue?"

Tom looks up from his last report to review to meet Reggie's questionable face. "What's wrong?"

"Uh we've gotten word from the higher ups... Especially from the FBI." He trails looking a bit worried as he holds out the beige folder to his friend. Reggie lets go of it when Tom takes the folder to open and look into. "It seems they want you to do an inside job for them."

"A job request from the higher ups? Well isn't that an understatement, what would they want help from a no face officer like myself?" Tom chuckles as he skima over the papers his friend had given him. So far the words are clear that he is need for a job, an undercover one at that. "Wouldn't it be better to get one of their specially trained spies?"

"They really want you to do this, Tom. I'm not really sure why though." Reggie said dropping his captain's favored title by their team. That's when Tom knew his friend is being serious.

Tom hums as he lightly picks up one of the pages detailing his mission. "What did they do to scare you, Reggie." Obvious this was not a question since his tone had turned sharp. The officer will not stand for people, even if they're his superiors, to threaten his coworkers.

Reggie's looks down to the floor trying not to look at the fire igniting in Tom's eyes. "Blue, please... I do not wish to discuss at the moment." He looks up slightly to be brave. "Please-"

"Reggie," Tom stands up from his seat and cups the side of his trusted friend's face after setting down the file. "Look at me."

Reggie feels he comfort from his friend's actions and listens to him. He looks at Tom this time more clearly now seeing a soft expression with honest concern. Similar to a mother which is how he got his second title. "I'm sorry, Blue." His apology long gone from being held back when he looks at the other man.

"It's fine," Tom brings his hand away from Reggie's cheek and back down to his side. "I'll accept the job, just be sure to tell me sometime when when you get the chance."

Reggie nods with a soft smile of understanding. "Okay."

"Dismissed, now go rest. You're excused for the rest of the day." Tom gets another nod and wished a good day. He sits back down after Reggie leaves with a sigh.

Looking at the open file on his desk, he picks up then job detail and reads it over. The main gist of the job is to go undercover to get inside information of a young uprising leader of a group called the Red Army. The head Leader mainly taking after the name itself, Red Leader.

It seems there is going to be a meeting during a night club in London. Information says they're going to make a deal at a few days from now with another group. The deal from their source says it's about weapons or materials the group needs.

Tom thought, 'Hmm, I wonder why they're asking me to do this?' A highly trained spy would be worth more to gather more than a simple person like himself.

Whatever, Tom shrugs his shoulders and takes a pen from his holder to sign the contract after double checking its context. He'll take the job seeing his superiors need him for the job at the cost of scaring his friend.

Tom took this job as a policeman in the first place because he wants to protect instead of being protected.

~+Later at Night+~

Tom had picked up his two charges who came to him very happily. His ward, Tika very much happy and cheerful as she talked about meeting Bryon and his friends. She spoke of how nice and funny they were while Tomi seemed to express quite a different expression for his trip there.