11/3/19 | 씨혜

NOVEMBER 3 YEAR 19

Suki was over today. She wanted to practice our harp piece for a talent show that she really need to win to get the approval of her father. She really wants to get out of Seoul for a while. It was a ticket for a two week trip to Copenhagen in Denmark, that her father offered. A serene country with kind people, was what my parents told me once after a business trip there.

After practicing for about an hour or so, Suki was called home and was on her way out. But when she opened the door, Kai was standing outside, ready to knock.

Suki looked back at me with a perplexed look before saying an awkward hi to Kai and leaving. Kai smiled back at her while scratching the back of his neck.

As soon as Suki was out of sight, I asked him what's up.

"How's your leg?"

"It's fine, still working I guess."

He chuckled and I invited him inside since the wind decided to blow really harsh all of a sudden. He said he came over because he heard a familiar piece being played from the backyard of Taehyun's house. I apologised for any disturbance, but he said that it was really nothing.

I lead him slowly to the Music Room and he was astonished at how much instruments there were. I told him that they're all gifts and that I only mainly play one instrument. The harp.

He went over to the grand piano inherited from my grandparents and started playing a.. very.. familiar piece..

He played so beautifully and he suddenly emitted a certain aura around him. It was a mix of faint colors surrounding every cran and nock of his figure like a border. A glowing border.

As I started to get familiar with the piece, I went over to my harp, next to the piano and started playing along him. A sudden rush of emotions went through my body and I let my hands controlled my every move, leaving my mind away.

We sounded amazing... no - brilliant - playing together and that's when I remembered where I last heard this piece. Funeral March by Chopin.

At the music room in school.

ㅡ SHIHYE, 19:34