8

Lizzie had Miss Mystic Falls to plan and she really wanted Rae to be there. Since she would be contending she needed an escort... She wanted that to be Rae.

So the night before she had plans on asking her to come.

Lizzie was so anxious.

What if she says no?

What if she prefers the loneliness of the night?

What if she never wanted more than their 1 am meetups?

Okay, stop contradicting yourself, you can do this.

Lizzie breathed as she entered the Grill. She saw Rae sitting this time with a book or journal or something that she was reading. Her hair down this time, Lizzie preferred her with her hair down.

"Good evening," Lizzie greeted nervously.

Rae looked up a small smile appeared, "evening."

Lizzie was interested in what she was reading, "what are you reading?"

"One of my dad's journals."

"What?"

"Yeah I found them under the floorboard in the dining room," Rae answered, "it's so crazy, like, he goes on and on. Honestly, he's crazier than I thought. He wrote that your school is a school for Supernaturals."

Lizzie froze, the breath caught in her throat, she felt her heart beat fast in her chest.

"Crazy, right?"

"Yeah crazy," Lizzie agreed even though she was screaming in her mind.

Rae just closed the journal checking her place in it, she looked at Lizzie, who was seemed to be definitely not okay.

"Uh, are you okay?" Rae asked concerned for her.

Lizzie took a shaky breath she can feel an episode coming, she has to get out of here now or she could hurt Rae, "um I'm just nervous I was wondering if you could, uh..."

"What is it?" Rae asked now interested.

"I'm helping organize the Miss Mystic Falls pageant and I'm in it and I need an escort so I was wondering if you could-"

"I can't."

Lizzie felt everything in her fall, the episode was getting closer and closer, "o-oh..."

"Lizzie, wait, I can't because I'm in it," Rae told her.

Lizzie's face fell, "what?"

"Yeah, I'm a Fell remember?" Rae sighed, "I signed up like a year ago with my dad who wanted me to, one of the only times he wasn't rambling about vampires and other things."

"That's great," Lizzie laughed nervously, "I swear I didn't see your name on the list."

Rae shrugged, "its alright, I guess we'll be finally spending time together in daylight."

Lizzie felt happy at the thought, she felt the episode swelling up at the fact Jered Fell knows about the school but Rae then grabbed her hand and it felt like a wave of calm came over her.

As if it was only Lizzie and Rae in the world.