10| Skating practice

Joe's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning surrounded by blankets.

I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and checked the time

8:03 AM

I set my phone back down and got out of bed to get breakfast since I could smell someone cooking.

I walked up behind Ben who was standing at the stove making something and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Morning" he said, his voice was still groggy and it made me melt

"Good morning" I said back tiredly.

I stood on my toes slightly and looked over his shoulder to see what he was making.

Bacon, eggs and toast

I let go of Ben to let him finish cooking.

I sat down at the kitchen table and played with my hands.

Ben soon came over to the table with 2 plates one for him and one for me of course.

~~~

Once we were done eating Ben pulled his phone out and looked at the time.

8:27 AM

He groaned.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Nothing, just have to practice for a competition" he replied

I nodded and sat back in my chair.

"Is it cool if I watch?" I tried to come off as casual but honestly I couldn't wait to watch Ben skate again.

"Yeah, of course" he smiled.

I smiled back at him before getting up to get dressed and head out.

~~~

I pulled a black t-shirt and black jeans out of my dresser and set them on my bed before going over my closet to get my faux leather jacket.

I slipped my shirt over my head and slid the other one on before almost falling over while trying to get my foot through one of my pant legs.

After that whole ordeal I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and fixed my hair a bit then grabbed my jacket and headed out the door with Ben who was ready before me.

~~~

I thought the rink he practiced at was just the one we went to that one night.

"When's the competition?"

I watched Ben stop and think for a second.

"Two days" he replied

I didn't know that it was so soon  but I was just hoping the best for him and that maybe I could watch.

~~~

This skating rink was very nice, well it wasn't just a skating rink it was a sports center and it had places for all sorts of things like a room for tennis and badminton, a room for basketball, a room for soccer and football and just about every sport imaginable.

I walked over to Ben who was lacing up his skates and sat next to him on the bench.

He looked almost worried or nervous.

I put my arm around his shoulder and he looked up at me.

"You'll do great, I know you will" I tried to comfort him because I didn't like how stressed he looked.

He gave me a half smile and kissed me on the cheek before going onto the ice.

I watched as Ben jumped up into the air and landed perfectly.