23| Best Man

Joe's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning with my head on Ben's bare chest and a pain in my abdomen.

I rubbed my eyes and tried sitting up so I could go take a shower but Ben tightened his grip on me and I couldn't move.

"Stay" he mumbled.

Well, I didn't have much of a choice since he was stronger than me and was holding me in place so I couldn't move so I gave up and laid back down.

I tried prying his arms off of me but that didn't work.

I went to my last resort and started poking his sides until he let go of me.

I tried standing up to get to the bathroom but my legs felt like jello and I ended up collapsing right back onto the bed.

Ben covered his face with one of his hands and laughed at me.

I sighed and tried getting up again, this time I managed to stay on my feet but I was still a little wobbly.

I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

There was an array of bruises all across my neck and jaw and a few scattered around my collarbone.

I walked over to the shower and turned on the water.

I stepped in and let the cold water wake me up since I was exhausted.

I washed my hair and my body then hopped out.

I wrapped a towel around my waist and went to get clothes.

Ben just finished getting dressed and apparently just got off a phone call also.

"Who was that?" I asked while rummaging through my clothes.

"Oh, it was just Rami he wants us to come over in a bit"

"Why can't he just come here?"

Ben shrugged and looked back down at his phone.

I debated on digging out my turtleneck but I didn't bother.

I just decided to steal one of Ben's sweaters again.

~~~

Ben and I were walking to Rami's house but he had no idea where it was so he was just kinda playing follow the leader.

It wasn't far at all it was actually closer than Gwil's apartment so it  wasn't long until we were there.

I walked up the steps on his porch and knocked on the door.

"Rami lives here on his own?" Ben said, looking at the large house.

"Well, Lucy lives here too but I think it's kinda extra just for two people"

Rami answered the door and welcomed us in.

We both sat down on the loveseat that was across from the couch but I was still basically sitting on Ben's lap.

Rami came back out of the kitchen with a tea set on a platter.

He set it down on the table in front of us and we thanked him.

I made myself a cup of tea while Rami and Ben we're just talking about something to do with dogs.

I sat back up and held my cup of tea tightly in my hand.

"Joe, dear how'd you sleep? You look exhausted." Rami asked and he looked genuinely concerned.

I choked on my tea and Ben chuckled.