14 | Road trip

Joe's P.O.V

1:05 AM

I removed Ben's arm from around my waist and got out of bed.

I grabbed Ben's Jean jacket off the floor and put it on.

I walked up the stairs to the very top floor and went out onto the roof of the apartment building, just to be alone for a bit.

It was pitch black except for the headlights of passing cars and lights coming from offices and fast food restaurants.

I ran my fingers across the purple bruise on my neck and gasped since I didn't know it was there.

Ben, you animal.

I chuckled slightly to myself and sighed.

Since it was so late it was pretty cold so I wrapped the jacket around me so it was hugging my small frame.

I just looked off into the distance, I always came up here when I just needed some fresh air since it was so quiet and calm, no one ever came up here either.

Just then I heard the door behind me open and someone came up behind me.

Judging by the faint smell of cologne and lavender it was Ben.

"What're you doing up here so late?" He asked and he clearly just woke up judging by his messy hair and groggy voice and he didn't bother with putting a shirt on even though it was freezing.

"Just came up for some fresh air"

He nodded and sat next to me.

He moved closer to me and held my hand, we both were just looking at the flashy lights and letting the roaring of cars fill out ears.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the time again.

1:37 AM

It was so late but I just wanted to stay on the roof with Ben and never move.

I was in my happy place, my mind palace if you will.

I caressed his cheek with my hand brought his chin up to look at me.

"We should go back inside" I said quietly.

He nodded and got up, he put a hand out for me to grab it and I pulled myself up, we went back down the stairs to get back to my apartment.

I opened the door carefully so it didn't make much noise.

We both walked back into the bedroom and I flopped on the bed, not realizing how tired I really was.

Ben crawled into bed next to me and put his arm around my waist again.

I looked up at him and brushed the corner of his lips with my thumb and brought him closer to me until our lips connected.

I pulled away after a few seconds and smiled up at him.

"Goodnight"

"Goodnight, Joey" he yawned and turned the light off.

~~~

Ring ring ring

Ring ring ring

Ring ring ring

I groaned and grabbed my phone off the nightstand and checked to see who was calling me.

Incoming call from: Rami👽

I answered the call and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hey Joe!" Of course Rami was so excited, he clearly had something planned.