24| Carnations

Joe's P.O.V

"I dunno about this one Joe"

"Just come out of the fitting room and I'll let you know if it looks good or not."

Rami groaned and came out of the fitting room in a white suit.

Honestly I wasn't big on white suits but it looked good on him.

I made a face of approval but he still threw his hands up in the air and went back into the room.

~~~

After waiting for forever Rami finally came back out of the room in a pastel pink tux and looked in the mirror.

He turned around slightly.

"Joe, does this make my ass look flat?"

I paused for a moment.

I didn't want to check out my best friend but he was being 100% serious so I moved in my chair a little bit.

"Yeah, a little"

He clicked his fingers at the tailor and told him to adjust the trousers slightly.

But finally after looking at a million suits he picked one, all it needed was some adjustments.

Rami and I walked out of the store and went to get coffee together.

Once we got to Starbucks I told Rami my order and stood behind him since we weren't staying so there was no point in sitting down.

I stood at the other end of the counter and waited for them to say my name.

Rami came and stood next to me with his drink in hand.

"It's a pinkity drinkity!"

I'm never letting him use the internet again.

~~~

Rami and I were looking at flowers for the wedding because Rami knows I love plants and he put me in charge of which type of flowers to get.

I was looking at pink carnations and Rami was looking at roses.

I called Rami over and he looked at the flowers.

He stuck his nose in a couple of the flowers and nodded.

"I think Lucy would like these ones" he said with a smile.

Carnations were one of my favourite flowers.

Rami decided on a mix of carnations, azaleas and begonias since we couldn't decide on just one and they were all pink to stick with the aesthetic of the wedding.

~~~

Throughout the day we were doing a thousand different things like looking at suits, looking at flowers, wine tasting and cake tasting. I was exhausted.

It was dark by the time we were done doing everything and I starting heading home on my own.

I shoved my hands in my pockets and shivered, it was almost 10 PM and freezing.

Thankfully I wasn't very far from home.

I walked in the door quietly just in case Ben was already asleep but he was just sitting at the kitchen table.

When he saw me walk inside his face lit up and he walked over to me.

He picked me up and spun me around.

"I missed you" he smiled at me and pecked my lips.

"I missed you too" I smiled back at him.

Once he let go of me I hung my coat up and kicked off my shoes.