Chapter 16: Teal'c and the Cave

Master Bra'tac said to his friend, "Even though we have found nothing yet, I know that there's something very important for us to find."

Teal'c replied, "I agree with you, and I believe everyone else does too. They're working so hard at it. Can we do our job here before it's too late?"

"We've been dealing with the Goa'uld for so long. If we Jaffa can make it through it all, then we can find all we need to find and more. This isn't just a feeling. It's a fact. I can't say we won't have problems finding things, but I understand these ancient Jedi Knights. If they could simply hand all we need to win this war, they would have done so. To fight a foe as we have with the Goa'uld, we had to learn and achieve things one step at a time. Since these ancient Jedi Knights traveled through time and space, I believe they have learned beyond anything we have to do things for ourselves. We have to work for what we're searching for."

"I think we need to stop worrying about what the Dark-side may know and simply do the research we are here to do. We won't find anything by looking in the shadows every moment."

"I'll talk to Grand Master Jedi Sam O'Neill. I'm due to report to her anyhow." He looked at Teal'c and smiled, "To be honest with you, my friend, I wasn't surprised that she got that promotion."

He smiled back, "I was wondering why it took so long for her to receive it. She had a lot to deal with, but I have seen many receive promotions and have been through worse."

"How true. The right confidence can make all the difference. She's no quitter. I knew that from the moment I laid eyes on her."

As they were talking Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell came up to them. He was the new commander of the new SG1 team. "Excuse me for interrupting. Someone told me to let you both know that we have the alpha site up and operational."

Master Bra'tac said, "Good. I was on my way to make contact with Grand Master Jedi of Earth. I will let her know what you told me when I give her my report. Thank you."

He then followed Mitchell. When the DHD operator contacted the Coruscant base, Grand Master Jedi Sam O'Neill said, "Hello there. Good to see you again. How is everything going?"

He told her what he told Teal'c.

"If Emperor Palpatine wanted to go after you, he might have done so already. He tried to attack Nomi and Brandon here earlier today." She went into the details. "if he or any form tried to attack us here, we should be able to handle it. Please concentrate on what you have to do there. I'll have someone keep you informed of the events that happen here." She smiled and continued, "After spending time here in Coruscant, I'll be heading back to Earth." She asked to speak to Mitchell.

"What can I do for you Grand Master Jedi?"

"Colonel, once you and SG1 finish at the new alpha site, I think working with the Alliance on Coruscant on how things are running. I've talked with General Davis to have SG1 be the mediator of all the military factions we have."

"I have also talked with General Davis. He told me about that. My team should be ready in a few hours. Once we get there, I'll let you know."

"Please do." She addressed Master Bra'tac, "I agree with you. There's no reason to fear the possibilities of the Dark-side attacking you on that planet. Please do what you think is best. I think he'll concentrate more on me because of his urgency."

"Either way, we'll be on our guard. I'll be more worried if nothing happens."

She thought for a brief moment, "Just in case, I think an hourly report would be a superb idea. With my dad going on his mission, there will be a lot going on, and I believe both of you will find a lot to help us defeat the Dark-side."